I'm officially an Android convert!

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post but I'm new to these forums. I will have a lot of questions in the near future but will direct them to the appropriate forums. Otherwise I am so far thoroughly enjoying my new S III and the overall Android experience so far. Thanks for having me here!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Great. I came from a BB9810 and now don't really miss it as much any more now that I have had mine for almost 10 days. Don't forget to change your profile.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Haha yeah I'll definitely change my profile. Congrats on leaving BlackBerry!

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Welcome! I'm an Apple guy myself. Still have my MacBook Pro, iPad and other Apple items but switched over to an HOX and now am using the GS3. It's an awesome phone and I think it's better than an iPhone personally.

Tried Android phones in the past but always went back to my iPhone. The Android OS has come along way and, with the hardware, it's an incredible device and OS now.

Reactions: beperry1

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard! Just wait until you folks get to taste some jellybeans...you'll love android even more!

sent from my contraband gnex

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Haha yeah I'll definitely change my profile. Congrats on leaving BlackBerry!

Haven't completely left RIM as I still have a BB9900 for work and a Playbook. Thinking of getting the New Galaxy Tab for Christmas.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Welcome aboard! Just wait until you folks get to taste some jellybeans...you'll love android even more!

sent from my contraband gnex

That may happen sooner rather than later since there is an injunction against the GenNex and with the new iPhone coming out this fall.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Haven't completely left RIM as I still have a BB9900 for work and a Playbook. Thinking of getting the New Galaxy Tab for Christmas.

I have a Tab 10.1 with Honeycomb and a Tab2 7 with ICS. You are going to be blown away when Santa brings you a Tab. Enjoy.

lynxy

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting for my phone, I want SSGS3 mostly for SAR radiation 0.55 vs iphone 1.1. I printed my schedule on my mac and it added some appt. I deleted a long time ago. Apple wants too much, but quality is worse and worse. I've been using apple products for 5 years now. They were great, but not anymore. I want to sell my ipad and get Google 7 pad. I want to change my mac to Asus AiO android/win8. I know, that it also has bugs etc... But I want something new.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
iOS 6 doesn't seem to be a big update at all outside of the maps application thats included. I too like what I see from the SGS III. I'm not going to switch, but I am still a fan of it. HTC and Samsung make awesome Android devices. And the SGS III is definitely one of the best if not the best smartphone on the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Im tierd of trying ios i gave up on it since the 4s came out and wasted my upgrade :banghead: i to am sticking with android cuz i just love my ATRIX

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
iOS 6 doesn't seem to be a big update at all outside of the maps application thats included. I too like what I see from the SGS III. I'm not going to switch, but I am still a fan of it. HTC and Samsung make awesome Android devices. And the SGS III is definitely one of the best if not the best smartphone on the market.

I think the biggest argument for iOS6 being a minor revision which I can agree on is that there's already polish to the OS and there's not a lot at this point that needs fixing or adding. To make things clear, I'm very much still an Apple fan as a majority of the gadgets in my home are made by Apple(2 Macs, Apple TV, iPad, and several iPods). However I've been due for an upgrade on my phone since February and really wanted to try something new, and different. Trust me when I say that I NEVER thought in a million years that I would ever switch to an Android device, especially after spending the better half of the last 5 years defending the iPhone against Android.

With that being said, someone finally made a compelling enough device that got me to switch, and so far I have no regrets. The Android experience so far has been a positive one, as everyone here, and the guy at AT&T has made the transition an easy one to make. I'm slowly adjusting, and finding Android compatible apps, and right now I like what I am seeing.

Ah, yes, welcome to the dark side ;)

Thanks bro! I never thought this day would come, but so far I absolutely love my S III, no regrets whatsoever! So far this community has been a welcoming one, and the Android experience has been very pleasant! :D

Reactions: beperry1

jostnyc

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey everybody. I'm also new and just preordered the sgs3. Been using android on my playbook though. once I heard RIM was pushing their next phone back to 2013 that was the last straw. I can't wait to get my phone!

dch176

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Welcome! I'm an Apple guy myself. Still have my MacBook Pro, iPad and other Apple items but switched over to an HOX and now am using the GS3. It's an awesome phone and I think it's better than an iPhone personally.

Tried Android phones in the past but always went back to my iPhone. The Android OS has come along way and, with the hardware, it's an incredible device and OS now.

I'm also an Apple guy (MacBook Air, iPad 2, Apple TV, iPhone 4S) who briefly gave the GS2 a try last fall. I lasted about ten days before going back. There were just too many things I didn't like about the phone and Android in general.

How have you found integrating the GS3 into the Apple ecosystem to be? I currently really enjoy utilizing iCloud and don't know if I'll be giving the GS3 a whirl because of how well integrated by whole little Apple world is.

PeteJE

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm also an Apple guy (MacBook Air, iPad 2, Apple TV, iPhone 4S) who briefly gave the GS2 a try last fall. I lasted about ten days before going back. There were just too many things I didn't like about the phone and Android in general.

How have you found integrating the GS3 into the Apple ecosystem to be? I currently really enjoy utilizing iCloud and don't know if I'll be giving the GS3 a whirl because of how well integrated by whole little Apple world is.

The quick answer to this is google. All their cloud services are seamless with android. And, its all free and really works well.

I love my MacBook Pro, but I am not willing to generate a new service bill just for my mobile, cloud needs and that is what comes with Apple - generally Apple means to much cost and too much restrictions. The ole "but it just works" is becoming a moot slogan, I don't find they have any advantage here presently. Also, anecdotal, me and many of my mac loving friends are having multiple hardware and software issues with the Apple products that seemed to never pop up in the past. Their shine is dulling.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty