Why Didn't You Get a One X

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
That's why the GS3 is better. Don't need apps to do what is already resident on the device.

Though Apps can easily be updated compared to something that's a native "feature" and also if you change to a different phone that doesn't have that natively you lose it.

I also like having the choice - If I want that functionality I can get, if I don't I'm not forced to disable it. That's why I like stock / vanilla Android.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Whatever meets your needs best is what is right for you. The GS3 works best for me from a performance and speed perspective not to mention a solid build. I am not a uni-body form factor fan with no versatility to expand memory and for new batteries. The design lends itself more readily to every day use.

anon(161369)

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I got the s3 because of a sour taste that the HTC sensation left in my mouth with its WiFi issue , though I may go back once I've owned a phone from every oem and feel I have tasted all gui's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I tested the HOX before getting the GS3. The HOX is a very good device but I found the overall view of form and function to be in favor of the GS3 meeting my needs best.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
In response to the title: because I prefer software.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

916x10

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
So, you got an S3. Why didn't you go with AT&T's other "high end" Android device? Just wondering.
No removable battery, no microsd card, horrible multi-tasking, hard to use with just one hand, charger port on the side, power button at the top, half the RAM of the GS3, locked bootloader, S-off, etc.

The GS3 bests the HOX in all of the above, and has incredible aftermarket support and dev support like crazy.

C_C0LE

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I'm still not sure. I'm new to Android, and Sense looked fine to me, but I had heard about problems with the multitasking. That really did it all for me because my iPhone 4 drove me nuts about reloading apps. Also, the low amount of storage. 16gb, but almost half is used up by preloaded software? And I can't expand it more (only a deal breaker because half is practically gone)? No thanks. Love the build and feel. Admire the screen. I just felt the GS III didn't have these issues. That said, I still hope to buy one eventually just for the design, and to try out. Can't help that I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.

EDIT: oh, and locked boot loader. Haven't rooted yet, but I like having that option.

sirheck

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
#1 one reason was no expandable memory. As soon as i walked
out of the ATT store and got into my car i checked storage on my
Galaxy Note. Available storage was 10.6GBs of 16GBs.

Currently i have a little over 7GBs available with 27GBs available
on my EXT SD card.

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I got the GS3 because of the features, swappable battery, & SD card compatible. I'm coming from a long line of blackberry's. Most resent a torch, 9810.....this thing is 'da bomb"!!!! :cool:

sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

MLB1949

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why Didn't You Get a One X

(1) Embedded (non-removable) battery
(2) No external storage card
(3) 4.7" screen (4.8" on my SGH-T999)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I got the GS3 because of the features, swappable battery, & SD card compatible. I'm coming from a long line of blackberry's. Most resent a torch, 9810.....this thing is 'da bomb"!!!! :cool:

sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Glad to see that you are enjoying it.

evq.003

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had FAR TOO MANY hardware issues with HTC in the past. So I gave up on them a while ago and never looked back. At this point, I never even consider purchasing an HTC device, for me HTC is not an option anymore and I've been happy ever since.

P.S.
Also, the nickname HOX, looks a little too much like HOAX... And that does't sit well with me.

Last edited:

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I had a one x and the broken multitasking was a deal breaker for me. The limited storage was also an issue since they split it up into two segments with only around 9 GB being available for my own media and files. I have to admit though, the hardware was so good it almost overcame these issues.

I also hated how a back bar was present in most apps just for a menu button but it sounds like they fixed that now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
#1 Verizon Doesn't Have it.
#2 Storage - didn't necessarily need expandable memory but the 16 GB version in the US was a non starter for me - I got the 32 GB S3 and haven't even put a micro SD card in - YET. For those of you using a micro SD don't forget the external storage will slow the phone down - even with a Class 10 card. Noticed it on my last phone (Dinc 2) particularly if I did a restart.

Love the phone (although it's a little too big for my hands - have adjusted somewhat).

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
#1 Verizon Doesn't Have it.
#2 Storage - didn't necessarily need expandable memory but the 16 GB version in the US was a non starter for me - I got the 32 GB S3 and haven't even put a micro SD card in - YET. For those of you using a micro SD don't forget the external storage will slow the phone down - even with a Class 10 card. Noticed it on my last phone (Dinc 2) particularly if I did a restart.

Love the phone (although it's a little too big for my hands - have adjusted somewhat).

#1 this is the forum for ATT customers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

feenixfly

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I was certain I was getting a One X until I actually went to a store and do a hands-on that the S3 really is a better phone. The curving edges and overall form feel really nice in the hand, the extra micro card slot was a plus, also the S3 battery life is way better than the One X.

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I did. I bought the 32 GB International model. I'm still trying to sell it, because I didn't like the "aggressive" memory management nonsense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty