anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
What is the trick to taking nice photos (day & night images) with the Samsung Galaxy S III?

I guess I've been spoiled coming from an iPhone 4S. Or is it simply that the iPhone 4S has a better camera, period?

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Oh boy, here we go.

Point and shoot? I don't have any problems taking awesome pics with the S3. With the Galaxy note however the shutter lag really ruined a lot of pics. Maybe try explaining what problems you are running into when taking pics that makes them bad and we can go from there. A couple of tips for now are to use "tap to focus" to choose your subject, choose an appropriate scene mode for the pic you are taking, change the metering mode if you're having lighting issues, try using HDR, etc.

But without knowing what your problems are it's nearly impossible to help. And with all the "how can I do this as good as my iPhone" posts lately you likely are in for a ride.

Rev.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I AGREE, my camera sucks in low light, but outside it's beautiful, long as its focused!

But I still don't miss my iPhone, camera or not!

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3~

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I should have made myself clear. It's not bad per s?. I was more asking how to make them even better. But I appreciate the responses. I've already started using the 'mode' options today. It certainly makes a difference...

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
as I've said in another thread, its not that the 4s has a better camera, I read somewhere that the s3 and 4s have the same hardware for the camera.

its just the 4s is smaller and easier to stabilize than the slimmer larger s3 hence thinking you are taking better pictures, but in reality its the user that is different

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Ah I get it now, I'm the issue :)

as I've said in another thread, its not that the 4s has a better camera, I read somewhere that the s3 and 4s have the same hardware for the camera.

its just the 4s is smaller and easier to stabilize than the slimmer larger s3 hence thinking you are taking better pictures, but in reality its the user that is different

Razelus

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
During the day I feel the GS3 takes great pictures but just casual shots sent through text are too compressed. I know I can send through email if I want the best quality but c'mon... "Honey, just took a quick pick of something I want u to see... I sent it through email because I want u to view it in the best quality" now granted, the pics sent through text aren't horrible but it'd be better if they were in nicer quality like the phone mentioned in the OP. Yes I know of limitations of sms and am fully aware of Handcent GO SMS and the others but shouldn't this phone be capable of better compression?

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I use manual settings on my DSLR, so I find the ability to adjust exposure compensation & ISO settings on the S3 very helpful to getting good shots in dimly lit rooms.