HELP!!!! How to get more than edge data with tmobile using the unlocked at&t Galaxy s3

Porshawna Nicole

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was suckered into buying the tmobile service bc the jackhole told me everything would work fine with my unlocked phone little did I know that the service was edge!!! Is there anyway to upgrade this??? I can't live with edge data???

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
From what I understand, T-Mobile does not have LTE. If you didn't get a phone from there, there is no reason you should have a contract. The only reason for contracts is to get good prices on phones.

Porshawna Nicole

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No I'm not under contract can't be if I said I have a unlocked att s3 on tmobile network. My question is: Is there a way to get 3g/4g internet instead of edge internet?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
No I'm not under contract can't be if I said I have a unlocked att s3 on tmobile network. My question is: Is there a way to get 3g/4g internet instead of edge internet?

Well actually, my sister had an unlocked iphone and they put her under contract at AT&T and they quickly rectified the error when I told my sister and she said something about it.

When I took my T-Mobile phone to AT&T and I had it unlocked, it still wouldn't even connect to the AT&T data network so I had to get a new phone.

You might want to try in the S3 T-Mobile forum since people in that forum will be familiar with T-Mobile and what, if anything, you can do.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-mobile-galaxy-s-iii/

betsuni

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Since it sounds like you live in an area where T-Mobile hasn't lit up their frequencies they got from AT&T you won't be able to get 3G data on your AT&T SGS3. My suggestion is to go back and get a refund from T-Mobile. Or sell your AT&T SGS3 and buy a T-Mobile SGS3.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
If I remember correctly, Tmobile operate's it's 3G spectrum on the 1700Mhz AWS frequency which AT&T doesn't currently use. All you'll ever see is 2G/EDGE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress