Life Long iPhone Fanatic - Change

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Got my HTC ONE last week after not knowing another phone since 2007 when the iphone came out. I must admit, I fought it for a long time, but AM SO GLAD i switched to the HTC ONE!!! Just figured I'd be the first to start a new thread in the AT&T section.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Got my HTC ONE last week after not knowing another phone since 2007 when the iphone came out. I must admit, I fought it for a long time, but AM SO GLAD i switched to the HTC ONE!!! Just figured I'd be the first to start a new thread in the AT&T section.

Welcome to Android and the forums! Hope you are enjoying the device.

inisfree

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Ha, me too sorta...
Still holding on to the iPhone5 to see which device becomes the goto. The Android system is all new at this point.
trying to sort my way through all the privacy issues, and the Google Play App permissions....alot to take in.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ha, me too sorta...
Still holding on to the iPhone5 to see which device becomes the goto. The Android system is all new at this point.
trying to sort my way through all the privacy issues, and the Google Play App permissions....alot to take in.

Privacy issues? The app permissions are helpful, IMO, because it lets you know exactly what the app is going to do. They could be explained a little better, but at this point something is better than nothing.

One tip, though, with apps in general. If you're getting it from the Play Store and it has a significant amount of downloads odds are good that it's not doing anything harmful. People would be screaming it in the reviews, and talking about it elsewhere.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Ha, me too sorta...

I still have an iPhone 4s and an iPad 2. So, technically, I've got the best of both worlds still :)

Toan Nguyen

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Same here......Iphone since inception.....now HTC One is the "One"....love this phone...lost alot of apps from Itunes (especially Navigon....bought it $59) now have to purchase another one for Android platform.....still have Ipad.

ICEmayne

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Welcome! I too have up my iPhone for the One and I couldn't be happier.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Squeeze Play

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I just bought an HTC One and have been an iPhone user since the first one came out. My present iPhone is an iPhone 5. I like them both, and each one has its advantages and disadvantages.

inisfree

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Cool, thx!!
I guess that's all there is to it, because most Apps in "Play" ask for all kinds of permissions. All the apps I have on iOS, that I want to get from Play, ask for all kinds of access. Need to jump in or there won't be any apps to use ;)
I read somewhere that apps that ask for phone & SMS access should be used with caution.
e.g. Speedtest.net has a great app, but they want some serious access....where do you draw the line?

inisfree

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Yea, life is good!
I used the HTC Synch Manager to get my pics loaded from my Mac into Google Gallery, it didn't work out too good. It pulled 3 folders that look good, but about 100 that are only 1 pic, and the title is gibberish (e.g. 9a8d%ryndj8twekxug).
I can't find a way to delete them other than one at a time.....Help! Any ideas?? 😈

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I'm right there with you. I switched from an iPhone after being with the iOS platform since Fall 2008 on an original 2G iPhone. (which I still use as a Pandora machine) Like you, I also am very glad I switched! I feel like everyday I'm finding a cool new feature or something else exciting to do with Android. Whether it's customized skins, launchers, emulators, etc. I enjoy all of it. The screen is beautiful and the phone is perfect for me to use one-handed. I'm glad you're enjoying it as much as I am!

inisfree

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Finally had some time to config the HTC One and Wow! This is cool.....still feeling guilty looking at iPhone5......😎😎
I'm right there with you. I switched from an iPhone after being with the iOS platform since Fall 2008 on an original 2G iPhone. (which I still use as a Pandora machine) Like you, I also am very glad I switched! I feel like everyday I'm finding a cool new feature or something else exciting to do with Android. Whether it's customized skins, launchers, emulators, etc. I enjoy all of it. The screen is beautiful and the phone is perfect for me to use one-handed. I'm glad you're enjoying it as much as I am!

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Finally had some time to config the HTC One and Wow! This is cool.....still feeling guilty looking at iPhone5......😎😎

Don't feel guilty! The iPhone 5 is a great piece of hardware/software but I think at some point people just outgrow what iOS has to offer. iOS is kind of like the smartphone for beginners and after awhile when you're wanting to do more Android eventually comes into the picture. I upgraded from a 3GS to the One so my mind is blown every time I just look at the screen! It's amazing to me that a 4.7" phone has the same resolution as my wonderful 50" plasma television. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it!

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Ha, me too sorta...

Chances are quite slim you'll run into any issues with an app from the Play Store or Amazon App Store. Don't overthink this privacy issue! :p Anyone too worried about privacy shouldn't even have a smart phone, or have a dumb phone, or use the Internet, or use a credit card, or shop at the mall, or...

In this day and age your privacy is pretty much gone anyway. I don't think Google is any worse than Apple or Microsoft; Google is just more open about it. The nice thing is that Google actually puts the data they collect to work for you, as in Google Now and precise & accurate search results.

inisfree

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Good point on the privacy :-D
Reality check B-)
My phone is heating up today, first day using without WiFi. Anyone else notice the temp being too hot?

Marty Puckett

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Three days now since I switched from the iPhone 5 to the HTC One. I've been an iPhone user since the 3g. Very happy so far (love this screen!), although I still find myself trying to push the nonexistent home button. Also still trying to get my feet under me as far as android. Found myself setting up a screen to mimic the way I had my iPhone icons set up. Old habits die hard. Lol.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Three days now since I switched from the iPhone 5 to the HTC One. I've been an iPhone user since the 3g. Very happy so far (love this screen!), although I still find myself trying to push the nonexistent home button. Also still trying to get my feet under me as far as android. Found myself setting up a screen to mimic the way I had my iPhone icons set up. Old habits die hard. Lol.

I did almost the same, I have the same amount of folders as I do on my iPhone, but I have them spread out between 3 home screens instead of two, like I have on my iPhone, and added a widget to the top of every page.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I was happy to find Nova Launcher last night. I was used to a five-column screen, shrunken icons, and a scrollable dock on my jailbroken iPhone 5, and Nova lets me have all this again. Nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggles