06-09-2011 12:56 AM
36 12
tools
    For what it is worth, spoke with an HTC rep today and he told me that the gingerbread update is in testing right now and should be out during the summer.

Provided AT&T approves it.

Sent from my Inspiration
    JoeR32 likes this.
    05-09-2011 02:23 PM
    For what it is worth, spoke with an HTC rep today and he told me that the gingerbread update is in testing right now and should be out during the summer.

Provided AT&T approves it.

Sent from my Inspiration
    If ATT has anything to do with it then we might see in Q1 of 2012
    05-09-2011 02:35 PM
    Sweet can't wait

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    05-09-2011 03:46 PM
    prolly wait for gingerbread i will root
    05-09-2011 11:22 PM
    You gotta be kidding... really? That long? Hm. Still getting used to Froyo anyway, so an update might interrupt it. Ah well.

Thanks for the info, anyhow.
    05-10-2011 12:08 AM
    Google in the I/O conference said its coming out in Q4 of 2011
    05-10-2011 07:21 PM
    Google in the I/O conference said its coming out in Q4 of 2011
    Gingerbread or ice cream? I thought they said ice cream sandwich was coming out then.

Sent from my Inspire 4G
    05-10-2011 08:54 PM
    Gingerbread or ice cream? I thought they said ice cream sandwich was coming out then.

Sent from my Inspire 4G
    youre right...I forgot the post was for gingerbread~
    05-10-2011 10:37 PM
    youre right...I forgot the post was for gingerbread~
    Well it would have to go through gingerbread first. Just because something was announced doesnt mean its comming out right away. Especially if your device still is on froyo

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    05-10-2011 11:14 PM
    Well, why wait. Root your device, install CM7 ROM, have Gingerbread. Win.
    JoeR32 likes this.
    05-10-2011 11:16 PM
    I don't want to have to wait. I'll give it until July, if I AT&T has not pushed it by then, I'll root and put gingerbread on it anyway .
    05-11-2011 05:27 PM
    +1. Been on GB for a while now.
    05-11-2011 07:07 PM
    I agree that is what I did with my inspire I rooted and then 1 day later got the 2.3 gingerbread :-)
    05-12-2011 12:29 PM
    Root it now, don't wait.

Reidrdj HTC Inspire 4g
    05-12-2011 07:21 PM
    I dont really want to root my phone...but its getting frustrating waiting for the Update...I am fairly new to Android but I dont know how the update is coming out for way older model phones and yet to come out for a phone that is fairly new...
    05-12-2011 08:29 PM
    i want to root... but i have a mac and there is no "1 Click" method yet.. so dont bash us people who havent rooted. coming from iphone and blackberry, rooting is a whole different beast than jailbreaking or installing a "leaked OS"
    dont get me wrong, i absolutely love my phone, i could never go back to iphone the screen looks minuscule to me and everything is so standard, where as with my android i can switch launchers and theoretically get a "new phone" when i get bored..

but that being said, i have read forums on rooting, and while i would love to do it, its very very confusing. goldcards, S OFF, what does it even mean, and me being on a mac means i would have to use terminal (which im not amazing with) makes me nervous im going to brick my phone...

if you guys know an easy way to root on a mac please let me know
    05-12-2011 09:10 PM
    i want to root... but i have a mac and there is no "1 Click" method yet.. so dont bash us people who havent rooted. coming from iphone and blackberry, rooting is a whole different beast than jailbreaking or installing a "leaked OS"
    dont get me wrong, i absolutely love my phone, i could never go back to iphone the screen looks minuscule to me and everything is so standard, where as with my android i can switch launchers and theoretically get a "new phone" when i get bored..

but that being said, i have read forums on rooting, and while i would love to do it, its very very confusing. goldcards, S OFF, what does it even mean, and me being on a mac means i would have to use terminal (which im not amazing with) makes me nervous im going to brick my phone...

if you guys know an easy way to root on a mac please let me know
    +1 on that
    05-12-2011 09:44 PM
    Sounds about right for them LOL
    05-14-2011 10:57 AM
    Didn't google make a new pact with some of the phone makers to provide updates for 18 months? I thought I saw that somewhere.
    05-14-2011 01:26 PM
    Didn't google make a new pact with some of the phone makers to provide updates for 18 months? I thought I saw that somewhere.
    Yea they are teaming up with ask the manufacturers to provide updates in a timely manner to phones for at least the first 18 months of the phones life cycle. No telling when that'll be implemented though.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G
    05-14-2011 03:33 PM
    All this talk about when Gingerbread may be coming, but nobody has said what's better about Gingerbread? Is there a discussion out there that highlights the differences between Froyo and GB?
    06-01-2011 01:32 PM
    All this talk about when Gingerbread may be coming, but nobody has said what's better about Gingerbread? Is there a discussion out there that highlights the differences between Froyo and GB?
    I feel the same way.
    06-01-2011 02:38 PM
    I'm actually not looking forward to the Gingerbread update because that will mean wading through a dozen threads with 100+ posts each from people complaining that they didn't get the update within 30 seconds of it being released
    deeteroderdas likes this.
    06-01-2011 04:43 PM
    I'm actually not looking forward to the Gingerbread update because that will mean wading through a dozen threads with 100+ posts each from people complaining that they didn't get the update within 30 seconds of it being released
    A simple solution would be to not visit the forum. wink wink. I didn't realize it's everyones job to keep you happy. And yes, if AT&T can' t manage to get it's head out of it' s arse, it' s gonna happen here. Of course, a Gingebread upgrade on an AT&T device is something we don' t have to worry about until Icecream Sandwich comes out.

06-01-2011 04:57 PM
    A simple solution would be to not visit the forum. wink wink. I didn't realize it's everyones job to keep you happy. And yes, if AT&T can' t manage to get it's head out of it' s arse, it' s gonna happen here. Of course, Gingebread on an AT&T device is something we don' t have to worry about until Icecream Sandwich comes out.

I'm sorry to see that thought I was serious.
    06-01-2011 05:01 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD