Screen flicker problem

newguy2468

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
So I've been having a problem with the screen ever since I got the phone 4 days ago. When the screen is on 0% brightness, browsing through web pages causes the screen to flicker. Auto-brightness is off. I'm not sure what it is, but its incredible annoying. Any ideas? Could this be fixed or should I return the phone for a new one? Apparently someone else got it too and posted a video about it on youtube here:

LG G2 Screen Brightness PROBLEM - YouTube
and here:
T-Mobile LG G2 Touch Screen Issues Part 2 - YouTube

so, what do you think?

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Definitely replace it, my wife's phone does not do any of that.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Chararie03

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I got my g2 about a month ago and noticed this problem, along with a couple others, within a few days of having it. I googled the issues and found out a bunch of other people were having the same problems. They weren't deal breakers, because otherwise the phone is great, so I dealt with it. I went into T-Mobile a couple days ago with something unrelated, and brought up the problems in random conversation. They told me it shouldn't be doing that so they gave me a brand new phone. I got it yesterday and noticed by the end of the night, that it didn't help. One of the issues (screen jumping while playing Netflix) seems to be gone, for now anyway, but the knock on feature is still wonky (always works when turning off the screen but waking it up is a crap shoot), and the screen still flickers when it's dimmed. I noticed it seems to be more prevalent when scrolling. It's a small downside but an irritating one nonetheless. I'm hoping that it's a software issue and will be corrected with some kind of patch in a new update. I feel like turning this phone in, will only result in the irritation of having to set up a third phone, to find that it does the same thing..

Posted via Android Central App

abc76

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Im on my 3rd phone also (LG G2) and my phone is having some of the same problems yours is having. I just got off the phone with AT&T tech support and told the guy my frustration with these phones i.e. screen flickering, not responding to touch when pushing icon, screen getting hot, etc, etc. He once again told me (like the others) that he never heard of these issues before with the LG G2. He then put me on hold for about 10 minutes and called LG Tech Support himself. He finally got back on the phone and said LG is aware of the screen issues and are gonna do a joint effort with AT&T to release a software update in the near future to address these issues but didn't give specific dates. He did on the other hand give me LG tech support number (which you could probably get from LG's site) which is 1-800-793-8896. He also informed me that this update is for the G2 and don't know anything about the nexus.

Last edited:

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
ive had my phone for about 8 days now with no issues, YET and now after researching and finding out about how many people have this issue, im seriously considering exchanging this phone in since im still in the 14 days period for exchanges, for htc or something because I dont wanna be stuck with a messed up device for good after my 14 day grace period is over since so many people get this issue a month or so later.

Kevin Frederick

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue. This may sound ridiculous but sinced I un installed vutalk which was an exclusive automatic update my flickering issues stopped immediately. That worked for me :)

fricosk

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
me it managed to repair the poor contact of the SIM card under the broad brown cover
It was enough clean and properly push But this is to see when

A James

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi I too have the same problem as Sabrber and my screen goes grey after a while.View attachment 114192

I know this is an old post but I figured I'd give a reply in case people like myself are looking for solutions to phone problems. The fuzzy screen that you see on your phone is due to grounding issues on your screen connector. It can be easily fixed/replaced if its out of warranty. The picture I'm uploading is the screen removed from the core device. The little square section is the culprit. It has to touch/contact the side-bridge of the battery. Basically the only place it can touch lol. To fix the problem just grab some non conductive tape (scotch tape will do lol.) and just tape it up there to the battery if you have to. 20160302_172204.jpg

zae420

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I have an lg g stylo. It started flickering after about a month. I did a factory data reset and the flickering stopped. For now. Dont forget to back up everything and pull sd card if you try.

Kavya Bhat

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
This seems like a dead thread. But i will take my chances. I have N5, 2 years old. I have this dead phone with the color noise screen.
I googled and found out that this might be because of the flex cable. Was your phone back to normal once the flex cable was replaced?

zigu007

May 23, 2016
Visit site
I know this is an old post but I figured I'd give a reply in case people like myself are looking for solutions to phone problems. The fuzzy screen that you see on your phone is due to grounding issues on your screen connector. It can be easily fixed/replaced if its out of warranty. The picture I'm uploading is the screen removed from the core device. The little square section is the culprit. It has to touch/contact the side-bridge of the battery. Basically the only place it can touch lol. To fix the problem just grab some non conductive tape (scotch tape will do lol.) and just tape it up there to the battery if you have to. View attachment 218309

I was have the same problem. Thx for solution! I attach some photo.

Attachments

• IMG_3952a.JPG
    IMG_3952a.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3954A.JPG
    IMG_3954A.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 18

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member