No homecreen

att05

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
So, check this out. I rooted my Android 2.3.4 LG 505 with the one click thing, worked - great! Ok, then I go onto delete stuff like lglauncher.apk, bla blah....and luck would have it my idiot friend does a factory reset!! So NOW! my phone, when it wants to boot all the way, boots the stock slider but with NO homescreen, it functions - I can receive calls, messages and see the status bar, receive my notifications but there is nothing on the screen! Then when I do the "power/volume/menu" thing the CWM comes up with "E:bad boot message "recovery" and it will say something with "update.zip" but nothing! I've tried a bunch of so-called solutions but it's driving me nuts. Oh and last night it would reboot now it just gets stuck on the "rethink possible" page by at&t - someone, any genius out there! help or this phone is going to meet pavement very soon!

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Why would you delete the lglauncher.apk? THAT'S YOUR HOMESCREEN. You will probably need to flash the stock 2.3.4 via kdz. I've had the problem where it doesnt do a full reboot, i just flashed via kdz and that fixed it, but NEVER DELETE THE LAUNCHER!

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
do you have CWM installed on the phone? If so you can just reflash the ROM you might also try getting access VIA ADB and restoring the launcher manually (I have no idea how to do that though)

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
do you have CWM installed on the phone? If so you can just reflash the ROM you might also try getting access VIA ADB and restoring the launcher manually (I have no idea how to do that though)

He would have to download the stock launcher and manually push it to /system

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87