[KERNEL][CM9][ICS] CAF-based 2.6.35 kernel for ICS-based roms

giga8547

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
ah ok. where are the gpu overclocking features, i haven't found them in the kernel?

That i dont know all i know is the kernel allows the tools in a rom or other to overclock if implemented that is for example in ICS we go to settings performance cpu thats for yhe cpu there are also some settings for graphics wich is handled by the gpu.

The GPU is a processor for the graphics if you overclock that you get better video and picture quality and faster apps that depend om high graphic content.

Sent from my LG-P505 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

giga8547

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
We cant overclock our gpu.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

Right our gpu is not software overclockable well hardware neither lol unless you are super good and replace th gpu chip and write your own kernel and rom with the right files. Lol

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE GUYS! Arjen got his phoenix yesterday! He wasn't posting anything because he was to busy playing around with it. He will try to get something released today. More to come....

giga8547

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE GUYS! Arjen got his phoenix yesterday! He wasn't posting anything because he was to busy playing around with it. He will try to get something released today. More to come....

Awesome news now he can build a kernel and rom that's 99.9 - 100% stable since he can now see how everything is working and not going at it in the dark (wich he is already awesome at) lol

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Awesome news now he can build a kernel and rom that's 99.9 - 100% stable since he can now see how everything is working and not going at it in the dark (wich he is already awesome at) lol

Yeah. Haha

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Woohoo! That's great!

_Arjen_

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Update:
Kernel is pretty stable, but blackscreenbug still there.
Need some more time to investigate that.
Will upload the kernel soon, watching football now, Netherlands-Germany (0-2 in halfbreak) :mad:

Some other news, broke my P500 :'(
It fell and my wife drove over it... :confused:

So, goodbye my first love :p

giga8547

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
What bootbug???
Please be more detailed ;)

But it boots fine :D

The boot bug happens when you turn the phone off and back on the phone shows lg logo then black screen tben powers off. You have to boot into recovery then select reboot in order ti boot after a power off

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have that same issue, except my Thrive sometimes boots up to the LG logo, black screens, powers off, then attempts to restart and does the same thing but doesn't attempt again. And then I have to use the recovery.

kingv10

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, we were talking about the boot bug on the ROM thread, and as giga said it basically renders you unable to turn the phone off, you can only reboot or use the recovery method

EDIT: And I think this problem happens on both the Thrive and the Phoenix

Last edited:

gabo_lope

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Well... I have that bug too on my thrive, and the only thing i was doing is to press the power button when it shows the blackscreen, until the phone restarts again.
It usually takes three or four attempts, until it shows the AOKP, bootanimation :D

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Well... I have that bug too on my thrive, and the only thing i was doing is to press the power button when it shows the blackscreen, until the phone restarts again.
It usually takes three or four attempts, until it shows the AOKP, bootanimation :D

If you just enter recovery and use the reboot system in that, it works :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non