Lg Thrive and Lg Phoenix new kernel for ICS and Jelly Bean

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
yeah video playback is broken on gb with the new kernel. I'm surprised it works at all considering it was built for ics. But soon we will have 3.0.8 kernel :)

Last edited:

Antrobot200

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
This is my first time flashing roms for the LG Thrive P506. I choose the ICS rom to start because many posts recommend them for stability
and good battery life. Flash the Genetics 9.1.7 -Hardlight odexed romand Kernel DJNoXD candiedIce-kernel-p505-p506-43-signed and oldBBfix.Thanks KorrectMehtod for posting the instructions.Tool for fashing is CWM 5.0.2.0. Compare to stock rom , this phone now is awesome to use. Great Youtube HQ video, H/W video
play beautifully, Wifi good connection, and battery life is good enough for me.Some problems, recording video more than 2min30sec cause reboot.
The mass USB storage is not working properly.When phone plug into computer(windows 7), choose option to use usb mass storage, the sd card
did not show up in computer.Windows error message, "MTP USB device fail".

Last edited:

Antrobot200

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank you Korrectmethod for recommending the SweetnSour kernel for fixing USB mass storage. I flashed the Genetics 9.1.7 rom and sweetnsour kernel
version4-CFS-p505-p506. Now I can access the sd card in my Thrive P506 through USB connection in my windows pc.

Last edited:

Antrobot200

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I like the performance and stability of the DJNoXD kernel over the SweetnSour kernel. I reflashed the DJNoXD kernel 2.6.35.14 and Genetics 9.1.17 rom but using a different kernel file build, 44.The phone run snappier and smoothly with mass usb storage working properly. The battery life is good, bluetooth, video recording working well.
Thank you to the developers for their great work.

Update: playing some Youtube videos HQ show green bars either at the top or bottom of video. This happened in both DJNoD kernel 2.6.35.14p505-p506(build44) /genetics 9.1.17 odex rom
and SweetandSource kernel version4-CFS-p505-p506/Genetics 9.1.7 odexed rom.

Genetics 9.1.5-p500-final-Hephappy rom /SweetandSource kernel version4-CFS-p505-p506. The P506 is smooth and stable, the Youtube video is much better and gaming appsrun better. The battery life is less efficient compare with the DJNoXD kernel.

Last edited:

Antrobot200

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Using the GenetICS 9.2.0 Hephappy and 3.0.8 beta 4-p506-p505 DJnoxd kernel. This setup is smooth and stable . Link2sd works when the
second partition is formatted to ext4.. Wifi and BT work. Though wifi download speed droped but still very useable on my network.
The streaming HQ videos like Youtube show vibrant color and sharper image than before. (some HQ video still have green bar at the bottom).

The 3.0.8 kernel give a slight edge in performance compare to the 2.6.35 kernel. (no overclocking the cpu). The 2.6.35 kernel showed better
downn load speed and battery life when using wifi to surf the web.

Thanks again to the wonderful developers(Team androidARMv6,HepHappy, Rashed97 ,SweetnSour,DJnoxd, LightHard) for their amazing works on the roms
and kernels.

Update: This setup is working out well as a daily driver. This is my personal favorite for performance and battery life.

Last edited:

Antrobot200

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
GenetICS 9.2.0 and DJnoXD kernel 3.0.8 Beta5. More responsive touch screen and power button than Beta 4. Battery life about the same.
Wifi take a bit longer time to connect to network. Using BT to pair to another device, receiving files works well. Sending files need multiple attempts
because the devices some how keep unpairing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred