Where is the sync option after the update?

oreyna2001

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I just updated my GN2. Everything seems to be working okay. Only thing I noticed is I no longer have an option to turn sync "on and off" in the toggle bar. Anyone else seeing this? As far as I know there is no way to pick and choose which toggle options you want to display in the stock ROM. Right??? please enlighten me if I am off. Why would this be left out!?!

Mobimop

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I just updated my GN2. Everything seems to be working okay. Only thing I noticed is I no longer have an option to turn sync "on and off" in the toggle bar. Anyone else seeing this? As far as I know there is no way to pick and choose which toggle options you want to display in the stock ROM. Right??? please enlighten me if I am off. Why would this be left out!?!

I don't see it either after the update, looks like they got rid of it to make room for the new "Multi-Window" toggle which honestly I don't see myself using at all.

oreyna2001

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Its gone for sure. Honestly after using the device for a day or so since the update, I'm not missing it much. When I want to turn sync on or off im using my battery widget reborn which has sync as a toggle option. Its all good!

Arun Raj2

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
but my phone is not syncing automatically.. i have to open applications separately & wait for each one to update.. any idea how to switch it back on????

Jj Parsons

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Sync option no longer displayed an not an applicable motion anymore. Basically you have to go into the settings of each one of your programs that require a sync and enable it through their individual options in settings. I've looked and looked for this but that is all that I've found.

Frank White1

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
It looks like that what we will have to do since they got rid of it.. Looks like the another option to do is what oreyna2001 did by using the sync option through a widget..

chbak014

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

settings-->data usage-->menu--> autosync data

wyndslash

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
go to settings > display > notification panel

you can drag and drop to choose which toggles to put, and that includes sync.

StephenAaron

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if people are still having issues with this but I was until just now. I did what predation said and went to settings -> data usage -> menu (press menu button again) -> check auto sync data. That fixed everything for me. Thanks predation! I never found the settings that wyndflash and devilfiness were taking about unfortunately.

StephenAaron

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Update: I just received the 4.1.2 update and now the settings - display - notification panel option is there. The first option that I described above still is available as well.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I love 4.1.2 the notification bar is great. The way you can change out the stuff you don't use with stuff you do use.

The S-Note widget is also awesome. No more messing around just to swype in a fast Note.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2