new OTA help

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I have the new OTA from TMobile I want to apply but it keeps telling me that packages dont match and updates fail. What am I doing wrong and how to I apply the update? It's for a friend who is rooted but couldn't care less about root so he doesn't mind if he loses root.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
When he rooted, did he change the Recovery to CWM or something else. The OTA will fail if it does not have the Stock Recovery on the phone. He should unroot and go back to Stock Recovery.

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the new OTA from TMobile I want to apply but it keeps telling me that packages dont match and updates fail. What am I doing wrong and how to I apply the update? It's for a friend who is rooted but couldn't care less about root so he doesn't mind if he loses root.
where did u get the tmo update from??

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but I'd rather add this question. If I'm rooted but still using the stock recovery and rom, can I do OTA's?

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Malhaar Bhatt

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
hi i just unrooted my phone with the app in the google play store. i did this so i could receive the OTA update. It still says my device is modified and when i put it into download mode, it says hat the system status is modified and the other stuff is all normal. I never flashed any roms and never did anything else but root the phone. please tell me what i should do so i can return my device status back to normal!
Thanks for anyone willing to help me with this. I really want the OTA update

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa