******NEED HELP******* GS3 suddenly shut off wont turn on again.

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I was using my Galaxy S3 by the pool today when it suddenly shut off. I pressed and held the power button, volume button, home button and any possible combination of the three but was still unable to get my phone to respond in any way whatsoever. My next step to take the battery out and leave the phone in a dry place, given that the humidity in Los Angeles lately may have been a possible cause as well. After about an hour I put it back in, for which I did receive a response- it turned on and slightly vibrated, but would just get stuck on the "Samsung" startup screen and shut off. I've left it alone for about 5 hours and just now tried to turn it back on, but I get the same response. Also I might add that when the battery is in the phone and I connect it to a charger, it does not respond at all. If anybody has any ideas as to what it may be I would be grateful for any advice you can give me, thank you.

Sinister813

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 78938
No, unfortunately I do not. :(

To begin, hold down three buttons at the same time, power+volume up+home. continue to hold until it comes to the samsung screen again. it should have little blue writing at the top of the screen. once you see that let go of all three buttons at the same time. try this and if you get it to work, let me know. You shouldn't have to hold it for longer than 20-30 seconds.

Last edited:

josiahlikesminecraft

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
My phone did this and I had to do a factory reset. Let me know if u need help doing it. What version of the s3 do u have and what carrier.

Posted via Android Central App

josiahlikesminecraft

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Alright, I was just checking. Because after i flashed a custom rom to my phone, it got stuck in a boot loop and then wouldnt turn back on, so i got it into recovery and wiped everything. was slight upset that i didn't just try to reboot from recovery.

So is it booting now?

Posted via Android Central App

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 78938

To begin, hold down three buttons at the same time, power+volume up+home. continue to hold until it comes to the samsung screen again. it should have little blue writing at the top of the screen. once you see that let go of all three buttons at the same time. try this and if you get it to work, let me know. You shouldn't have to hold it for longer than 20-30 seconds.

No response at all. :/