Power Button Issues - HTC Amaze

muhammadc

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
From time to time, when I press my power button, the screen doesn't turn on to show the LOCK screen but the backlight comes on (with a light bleed at the bottom from the softkeys). If i press the button again, it turns off the backlight. Sometimes I have to press on and press off three or four times before I can actually see the lock screen and the unlock ring. Sometimes it takes 7+ cycles of on-off for the backlight before I can see the real lock screen.

I even tried to take a screen shot when the backlight ONLY was on, and it actually THINKS that the lock screen is visible because screenshot that gets saved to my gallery has the exact time of when I took the screenshot but I was unable to see the lock screen (only the backlight is visible)...Also, I cannot swipe up the hidden ring to unlock....Very weird!

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

muhammadc

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Another thing that happens from time to time is that upon pressing the power buttons the screen colors are completely washed out. The dark blues of my wallpaper appear sky-blue and the black of the Phone button appears a light grey.

Any thoughts on this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non