MP3's fast-forwarding/changing tracks/initiating voice dialing

bfic

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
When I purchased the sensation 4g, I intended it to be an all purpose phone. I purchased an armband for the gym, so as to listen to music while working out. Initially, I used Pandora as a means of listening to music. That being said, I recently decided to transfer my music library to my phone. For some reason my music plays perfectly fine when listening with no headphones and no armband. However, I run into some problems when I go to the gym, place the phone in my armband, and connect the headphones. My music randomly starts fast forwarding, skipping through tracks (virtually every half second). Also, the phone randomly initiates voice dialing and proceeds to call people in my contacts. Is this a common issue with the sense? Is it having issues due to the armband? Is there a known issue with the headphone jack? Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: MP3's fast-forwarding/changing tracks/initiating voice dialin

Try using a different headset. I had the same issue and it turned out that the headset's jack was activating the commands. After I replaced the headset everything works fine. Maybe you experience the same problem.

Reactions: bfic

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

Had the same problem using a better head set than the one that ships with the phone, but the cheap ones that come with the phone work fine. I agree, it's probably the jack

Reactions: bfic

bfic

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the response. I tried a new headset this morning and the music played with no issues. Thanks again.

dfur1016

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site

i too have that problem, the HTC headset works fine but is too big for my ears so i used my old headset which gave me the same problems you mentioned. i now am using some audio only headphones but am still looking for the right headphone + mic combo. any recommendations?

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

i too have that problem, the HTC headset works fine but is too big for my ears so i used my old headset which gave me the same problems you mentioned. i now am using some audio only headphones but am still looking for the right headphone + mic combo. any recommendations?

I use in ear ones called "PointMobl". Good noise cancellation and mic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress