Text Message After Rejected Call

dougxd45

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm not being offered the good ol' "Send Message" option during an incoming call attempt. Ya know, when you hit Menu during the inbound ringing where then you can select Send Message.... The only option I have when hitting Menu is "Mute".

I know there are other apps out there, but I'm talking about this native feature only at the moment.

Anyone else seeing this...or rather, NOT seeing this? :)

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm not being offered the good ol' "Send Message" option during an incoming call attempt. Ya know, when you hit Menu during the inbound ringing where then you can select Send Message.... The only option I have when hitting Menu is "Mute".

I know there are other apps out there, but I'm talking about this native feature only at the moment.

Anyone else seeing this...or rather, NOT seeing this? :)
In Sense its automatic. To set the message, hit menu > options in the phone app. It only works if you reject a call though. So you actually have to decline it for the message to send.

Last edited:

dougxd45

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't recall it being only a Reject/auto-response. On my EVO, I seem to remember during an inbound ring, I could hit Menu | Send Message. At that point, it would reject the call for me and either send the text message or let me first edit it before sending depending on whether or not the "Edit message" selection was checked in the Phone app settings.

Any way you slice it, it's not happening at all. Weird.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't recall it being only a Reject/auto-response. On my EVO, I seem to remember during an inbound ring, I could hit Menu | Send Message. At that point, it would reject the call for me and either send the text message or let me first edit it before sending depending on whether or not the "Edit message" selection was checked in the Phone app settings.

Any way you slice it, it's not happening at all. Weird.

That was on your Evo. Its different in Sense 3.0.

The only way for it to send the message is if you reject the call.

Brademcee

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Its not working for me either. I have posted in the HTC forums, tmobile forums and the XDA forum and no one can explain how this works. I have even read the manual on HTC's website and it does not mention this. I have tried to reject a call by hitting both the power button and slidig the reject icon to the circle. Neither works. It also is supposed to give you a custom field option for entering a text. It does not work so instead of being a JAG, tell us how you figured it out.

dougxd45

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Last I checked the word Reject is pretty easy to figure out. Can't really screw this up. How the frak am I "doing it wrong" if rejecting the call is what I'm supposed to be doing in the first place?!

Lemme say it yet again...... If you check the box that says Edit Message in the phone settings, you should be prompted FIRST with the text message before it is sent.

Let me simplify....
-- check box Edit Message from within phone settings.
-- receive phonecall from another cellphone.
-- hit big red fatass Reject button from either lockscreen OR homescreen.
-- nothing

Now because I manually checked the Edit Message box, I should have been presented the sms send text input screen to allow me to modify my text before it goes on its merry way. Nothing.

Had I NOT checked the Edit Message box from within the phone settings screen the call reject text should have gone out because I hit that previously described big red fatass Reject button. Nothing.

There's nothing in this procedure to screw up.

Freshy

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just came across your post while searching for my own answer, found the solution and figured I'd circle back.

It's not obvious, but hit MENU when the call comes in and it'll give you the option to send a message. It'll do it automatically if you don't have the edit text option under setting checked.

Hope that helps!

aNYthing24

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if anyone cares, but I contacted HTC about it. At first they told me that the feature doesn't exist on the phone, but I detailed on how to get to it and the rep acknowledged it. Maybe they'll use a fix for it soon.

Repsej

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I am also having problems using the default send message response on my 2.3.3 HTC incS - but there's a new app which does the same thing called "Reject Call Answer" (I will post another reply and include a link, since this is my first post)
It will automatically launch when you reject a call, it gives you the option to predefine several different messages and it utilizes the default sms screen if you want it to - so it fits right into the normal usage flow :)

Repsej

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I am also having problems using the default send message response on my 2.3.3 HTC incS - but there's a new app which does the same thing called "Reject Call Answer" (I will post another reply and include a link, since this is my first post)
It will automatically launch when you reject a call, it gives you the option to predefine several different messages and it utilizes the default sms screen if you want it to - so it fits right into the normal usage flow :)
And here is the link for finding the app - sry for the double posting :)
https://market.android.com/search?q=akostaapps.rejectcallanswer

ojing

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Registered just to post on this thread. I too have the problem and this is what I have found so far on my htc sensation running Sense 3.0 and Android 2.3.4. The option for editing the message before sending is checked.

When I receive a call with the screen locked -- six sigma percent of the time -- I am only offered the choice to accept or decline. The menu button does not work.

When receiving a call with the screen active, the Menu key does work, but the only available option is "Mute."

Hope this helps pin down the issue. Will post more when I can stop bothering friends to call me and can get near another phone.

ojing

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Follow on. Pressing mute simply muted, no other options. Pressing decline also just declines without bringing up any dialogue box.

Seriously, can anyone with a t-mobile htc sensation running Sense 3.0 and Android 2.3.4 in the U.S. post a video of this working? I beginning to get dubious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa