Windows won't recognize phone / driver

CaptFatFace

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
My Windows 7 PC will not recognize my LG G2 D801. I have downloaded the universal drivers listed in most root websites and it's still not working.

In the Windows Device Manager (Devices and Printers), there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point next to it. When I click on hardware, in the Device Function Summary, the manufacturer is listed as "Unknown" and the device status states "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)" I have tried multiple times to reset the phone, restart the computer, change USB cords (using the LG stock one now), etc. Please help. Thanks.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
uninstall any LG device and/or driver from your computer (including the universal ones). Take your time and double check that you've got them all. Reboot computer, and once its back up and running, plug your phone in. It SHOULD automatically install the right driver. If it doesn't, unplug your phone, remove the driver that installed and failed. Reboot, and very carefully go through a guide for installing the universal driver. Often the problem isn't so much an incorrect driver, but rather a multiple driver conflict - too many drivers trying to work with the phone - and they get into an argument, punch each other, and then refuse to talk to each other OR the phone. Follow the guides carefully and step by step (don't jump ahead!) and you should be able to get it going

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa