system wipe

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
[NOTE]This method did not seem to work.[/NOTE]

1. Turn the power off. If your Nexus S is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Volume Down button
  3. Press and release the Power button
  4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
  6. Press and release the Power button
  7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

This should delete all data on your phone. Be sure to back up the information you don't want to lose.

Please let me know if this works.

Last edited:

myphone

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
  1. Turn the power off. If your Nexus S is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Volume Down button
  3. Press and release the Power button
  4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
  6. Press and release the Power button
  7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

This should delete all data on your phone. Be sure to back up the information you don't want to lose.

Please let me know if this works.
it seems not to be working, i hold the volume down then press the power... nothing happens.
holding volume down and then holding the power button the device turns on as normal.
anything i am missing?

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Ya that process didn't seem to work for me either.
Is this the Factory reset process you did at first? If not here are some steps for this method.
1. Goto setting ?> Privacy
2. Goto setting ?> Privacy ?> Factory data reset
Resetandroidphone_thumb.jpg
Resetandroidphone1_thumb.jpg

3. Check on the ?Erase USB Sotrage? and press ?Reset Phone? button. (Clean everything in your USB storage)
4. Press ?Erase everything? to wipe out every everything.
Resetandroidphone2_thumb.jpg

Resetandroidphone3_thumb.jpg

5. Your phone will be ?power-off? and automatically reset. It may take only 1 minute.
6. To make sure you have a clean installation, do not check on the backup and restore setting. So, the previous setting and apps will not restore into your fresh reset smartphone.

myphone

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
i have also done this, i think there is something really wrong with my phone as i get error messages for everything that runs on the phone when it starts. when i go into these menus i get "google framework has ended..." so when i uncheck those boxes they dont stay unchecked.
but i have gone through and let the phone reset with this method and when it reboots... i dont have a freash start.
Two things i downloaded right before all this happened... fandango and sywpe... maybe a virus?

myphone

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
just an update...
called samsung, they had no way to fix the phone and had me send it in...
Issue: force close on all programs.
we will see what happens.

Thanks for the help!!!

myphone

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
ok so just an update to this problem
I sent the phone to samsung bc it was completely unusable. I just got the email with the problem and solution..
Problem found:
BAD BGA COMPONENT

Solution:
REPLACED PBA

maybe it was caused by the 2.3.4 i put on there or maybe swype?
anyhow, i will get it back in a few days and i am excited!

thanks again for the help!

Last edited: