Who is getting the Nexus S [Poll]

Are you getting the Nexus S

• Total voters

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
So now we know what the Nexus S is pretty much all about? After reading many of the posts and comments, there are alot of mixed feelings toward this device. So i figured to just run a poll to see which one of you guys planning to get this when it launch?

JoseN305

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Im still getting it. I was torn between the G2 and MT4G and this seems like a mashup of both minus the 4G, lol. Either of the three phones would be a huge upgrade honestly.

mattjuranna

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I might get this if it's available on AT&T. There seem to be many hate for this device because of this and that. Coming from a Blackberry, this is a big leap for me

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I want to like the Nexus S, but given the unfortunate decision of Google/Samsung to not optimize it for HSPA+ with Tmobile, which is being touted as "4G" and the direction they (and all carriers) are expanding into; given not necessarily the lack of a dual-core, but the fact that dual-cores will start coming as early as February 2011; given the lack of expandable microSD slot (again, a baffling decision when you consider one of the best things about Android devices is the ability to expand storage); given this strike against NFC, which is one of the [few] things that sets the Nexus S apart from the current market of phones (read here: NFC in Gingerbread is Crippled! Is this just a glorified Bar Code scanner?); and given the slew of other more minor but still detracting decisions (like no LED), I can't validate spending $529 dollars for a new phone.

I am currently an owner of a Samsung Vibrant, so perhaps the similarities factor into my decision as well.

Reactions: ScotterMonkey

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Let me ask Phil... but as of now I really like this device. Just that 2.3 and the design and the best specs on the market... Just like the Nexus One, the Nexus S will be around for another good year or maybe even 2. As of now though, I am definitely leaning on purchasing one, considering I don't have THAT much music.

TaeKwonDonkey

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I'll get it I can gather up the money from somewhere, I've been wanting to root my N1 for while now but I've been waiting for the N2/this to come out.

jdm4u

Samsungian
Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a vibrant and this phone has everything I want on my phone. It has flash for the rear camera and it has a front facing camera. Plus it comes with 2.3 and added technology. The fact that its a google phone makes it even better. I like the touchwiz ui but I like the fact of not having to wait so long for updates or added bloatware. I think I will strongly consider this phone. So what if it doesnt have a dual core processor, the lack of sd slot is a bit odd though, i think it might be there just not come with a micro sd preinstalled. Either way, I think it seems like a great phone. I think the vibrant is fast enough. Wouldve liked hspa+ but oh well. ill wait a bit though. If the galaxy s 2 comes out with all the rumored specs it has, which I highly doubt considering each carrier got a different version of the current galaxy s, I might look into that. But for now, the nexus s is just right.

anndrewww

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting the Nexus S as my first android phone, and while the lack of expandable memory is disappointing it's not a deal-breaker. But no LED notifications? What's the deal with that!?

Reactions: ScotterMonkey

Droid King

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
If Only...

If I Could Take The Epic Keybord, And The Beautiful SAMOLED(Yes Its Does Have One) Screen on The Nexus S(Also The Perk Of Being The First With Every New Android Opperating System) And Merge Them Together, I Would. Then I'd Have The perfect phone Until The End Of Next Year.:cool:

smithwicky

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I know the Ns is missing some features that would make it by far the best out there but I am still impressed. Guess we are just taking baby steps...I think I am more happy about buying it so I dont have to worry too much about updates. Weak reason but what can you do?:confused:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
What's this mean?

My Bad. Should have explained.

It's the command to fully unlock the bootloader on the Nexus One, so you can edit the OS any way you like.

The command may be different on the Nexus S, but you won't have to hack your way into it because the manufacturer has the hardware locked, like almost every other phone.

Reactions: bruteforce037

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I know the Ns is missing some features that would make it by far the best out there but I am still impressed. Guess we are just taking baby steps...I think I am more happy about buying it so I dont have to worry too much about updates. Weak reason but what can you do?:confused:

Exactly. I have the nexus one because I know updates will arrive quicker than other manufacturers. I don't want to be waiting guessing if it will be updated or not. Worth spending the money for unlocked. I'll keep it until Google stops updating it.

Avonjo

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I will get the Nexus S if my brother comes home from the US on January...
otherwise I'll just get the LG Optimus One and save the money for the next best android.

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
More evidence we should hang tight before jumping on Nexus S?

Promise of something better from Samsung in Feb?

Could it be the Galaxy S2?

Thoughts?

Pretty weird for them to post something like that. They are downplaying the Nexus for what im thinking they are referring to the S2, when google just announced the thing yesterday. this all comes down to who want the best/latest software vs top of the line hardware.

Wouldnt it be cool if we can buy phones like computer where there is a basic spec and just pay more to upgrade the spec u desire. Sound sort of dumb, but just throwing some thought out there.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress