Weird touch screen behavior

lightpriest

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a weird touch problem with the Nexus S.

Sometimes, quite often actually, the right side of the screen (portrait mode) responds very badly, very unusable.
On the other hand, the left half of the screen responds very well.

I was also able to reproduce it with several touch test apps. It seems like an all around problem and not a launcher/keyboard one.
What seems to be the problem is the touch start (which basically affects tapping), dragging the finger while touching actually works perfectly.

To "fix/bypass" it I lock the phone and release it, and then it works perfectly, although not always.

This is very annoying, has anyone had this problem?

joelteixeira

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The same here...

I'm facing the same problem, have you found any fix? It is really annoying and I'm really scared to be hardware problem cause I flashed other ROM's (CM7 and Trinity) and the problem is the same.

A friend bought my Nexus S on a USA trip but it's here in Brazil now and wont be possible to lock for warranty. Very sad situation...

lightpriest

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't find a fix for this, yet. It's weird because it doesn't look like a hardware issue (if this was a hardware issue then locking and releasing shouldn't matter), but I don't see anyone blogging/writing/complaining about this problem.

joelteixeira

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't find a fix for this, yet. It's weird because it doesn't look like a hardware issue (if this was a hardware issue then locking and releasing shouldn't matter), but I don't see anyone blogging/writing/complaining about this problem.

Very odd. The funny thing is that I found some threads talking about the same issue but for "nexus one". I agree with you, if was hardware should not fix with loxk/unlock but after using other ROM's I just dont know what to think anymore. Maybe with android 2.4, maybe never... who knows. I have the receipt, box, everything but I have to wait 6 months or more to "Nexus S" came to brazilian market. If I was living in US, I had already changed the device on "Best Buy" store.

I read about one guy that changed his "Nexus S" seven times to get one with no problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non