No Signal. Big Problem.

Does your phone drop to "No Signal" and never regain any signal?

• Total voters

healimonster

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Does this happen to anyone else? Your phone drops the signal from the tower and then it never regains the signal?

This happens to me about 5 or 6 times a week. Not every day, but sometimes it happens multiple times during the same day.

I am using my stock non-rooted Nexus S on T-Mobile, I live in NYC, and this problem has occurred with 2.2 and 2.3.

I will enter an area with low signal strength, like an elevator, and my phone drops to no signal. I move back into an area with full signal strength and the phone never comes back online. I try to make a phone call and it isn't able to. I have gone into airplane mode in hopes that when I turn airplane mode off it will re-find the phone signal. It does not. I thought it might just take time to get back on the network. No amount of time fixes this problem. The only way to regain signal and connection to the network is to turn the phone off and back on again. Not exactly a good solution. Which reminds me...

Is there a way to restart this phone? I only know how to turn the phone off, which takes a while, and then once it is off you have to remember to turn it back on. Is there any hardware restart option? This would make my very annoying problem slightly less annoying.