LG Optimus T - GameBoid / Root / Games

deekim

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Im switching over from my Palm Pre on Sprint to this LG Optimus T. I loved my palm pre, with all the customizing, super easy multi-tasking, im also a power user. I like to really use my phone to the limits. I believe the Palm Pre has a better processor.

Is the LG Optimus T any good like the Palm Pre? Can I multi-task without closing windows / programs and losing information? IE. if I go to the web, and go back to contacts, and open the web again, will i still be on the same page?

Hows the GameBoid app for the LG Optimus T? How do the games run on this device?

What exactly are my options when/if I root my phone? Can I do custom themes? Can I remove those unwanted stock apps? Can I tweak settings for longer battery life?

Palm Pre had apps called 'Homebrew' which are apps that are not on the market, user created and user submitted, is this also available for the LG Optimus T?

Would this be any match compared to my Palm Pre?

Im completely new to Android devices. I want to know what tweaks are out there to improve quality, speed, etc.

Last edited:

SimplyGeek

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Check out Android.com to learn more about the Android system in general.

As for multi-tasking, I do believe that it is up to the developers to allow information to stay if you are switching windows/programs. But in you case and example, yes, you can.

Comparing it to a Palm Pre... that I can not answer, as I have never had a Palm or a Blackberry at all, but I do love the Android system. The phone is not bad at all, I use to have an HTC Eris with the Android system and had it rooted as was able to flash custom mad roms on to it that allowed me to add features like flash and Wi-Fi Tethering. I believe that the Eris was only upgraded to the 2.1 version of Android (don't remember the project name of hand) but with it being rooted I was able to get the 2.2 upgrade as well and customize the way it looked, depending on what the developer of the rom added to it.

The "Homebrew" apps that you have for the Palm Pre, pretty much you can find any and all applications and games in the Android market that have been developed for the Android. There are some applications and games that may have to download from the developers website to install off the SD Card, but I would recommend you REALLY trust that developer before you do. Cause you will have to "unlock" the security for installing applications and games like that in the settings of the phone.

I think I answered MOST of your questions. If I have more time, I will answer the ones that I have not answered as of yet. And, if anyone thinks that I am giving the wrong information about all this, please feel free to butt in and correct me or add to it all.

coldcrush390

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
sorry late for the answer

I loved my palm pre with sprint. I was able to overclock with govnah and use preware for useful apps. Before even using android I (ashamed to say) would think android was crap. So after trading phones with my brother I was amazed at the possibilities with android when I had the HTC hero. I never went back to palm (especially since we never got the webos 2.1 update) again. I wanted a android device for myself. So I got the LG optimus v with virgin mobile and it didn't let me put much Roms but everything about it is good. Its got 512 ram all the great speed with a 600 MHz processor Arm v6. The processor on the pre is soon much better I think its an arm v8 cortex processor... which its capable of pretty decent 3d gaming. Speed wise the LG optimus is so much better. In the end all in all a phone is a phone and they both do what they are supposed to. A great function the LG has is Google voice dial and so on. Sorry if I swayed off a bit on the story above just saw that no one left a answer to your question with detail and I know what it's like to have that being done to. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo