Is It Possible to Overclock on Stock ROM?

Csimon

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,

I'm new to Android... I rooted my optimus T. But not sure where to go from here. I want to Overclock my Optimus T, but I'm aftraid of unstable custom ROM. Is it possible to install overclock kernal on stock rom, if so how. Thanks.

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
If you've installed a Custom Recovery then yes it should work. Without one you can't flash a new kernel.

P.S. It's the stock ROM that's unstable!

I suggest you read ALOT before diving in. You can brick your phone if you go in half cocked.

Reactions: Csimon

Csimon

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
If you've installed a Custom Recovery then yes it should work. Without one you can't flash a new kernel.

P.S. It's the stock ROM that's unstable!

I suggest you read ALOT before diving in. You can brick your phone if you go in half cocked.
Thanks, Turducken.

Which ROM do you recomend?

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
It comes down to personal preference. Some are bare bones and focus on battery life. Others are feature rich.
I suggest you try a few and see for yourself. I personally like the "build your own" philosophy with devoid roms but some think they're a bit hardcore.

Csimon

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It comes down to personal preference. Some are bare bones and focus on battery life. Others are feature rich.
I suggest you try a few and see for yourself. I personally like the "build your own" philosophy with devoid roms but some think they're a bit hardcore.
I'm looking for ROM that focus on battery life. I don't want my phone to die in the middle of the day.

thanks-Turducken