Switching from Verizon to tmobile

Avdj5167

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I just recently switched my carrier from Verizon to T-mobile. I bought the note 3 from Verizon about a year ago.
I'm getting the "SIM card not from Verizon" error. I can make calls and recieve messages but i have no data. I've been scouring the Internet for a few days now and I've tried a few things:

-force stop the program
-Samsung service menu (I enter the code and it doesn't open)
-APN settings

Nothing has worked, any idea on how to do this?

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is a CDMA network. T-mobile is a GSM network. These are not compatible technologies. Frankly I'm surprised you can make calls at all. You need to change your phone or go back to Verizon or a Verizon MVNO if you want to keep your Note 3.

The Moto X Pure will play well on all carriers theoretically. But I'm still reading a few hassles with the CDMA carriers like Verizon or Sprint.

drenfree

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Actually Verizon's backbone is CDMA. Since they launched LTE they use SIM cards and are compatible with GSM. That is weird because all Verizon smartphones are unlocked. If you live near a Best Buy take it there. I took my old galaxy s 3 to get updated from 4.1.2 to 4.4 for free. But the store has to have a Samsung experience booth like they do with Apple inside the bestbuy