T-Mobile Hotspot observation

drmusic45

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I currently have an HTC One, and I've used the Mobile Hotspot feature on it a couple of times. I have the $70 unlimited plan, and I know they include 500 MB of data for hotspot usage, and you can track this with the My T-Mobile app, or at my.t-mobile.com. The interesting thing is, when I check this usage, I still show it as 0.00/500.00 MB of hotspot data used. I've connected both my iPod Touches to this thing, and a Macbook Pro, did a little bit of surfing and app updating, checked again and it's still 0. It doesn't seem to matter whether I'm LTE or HSPA+, and whether I do Mobile Hotspot or Bluetooth sharing. Here is a picture of my usage; has anyone else noticed this, too?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. On their website the $70 plan says "Smartphone Mobile HotSpot not available." I just switched to the plan but have not tested that yet.

drmusic45

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Weird; I never noticed the "not available" part. It is definitely working, and I am definitely not getting docked for it somehow, lol. Granted, I don't use it a ton; only in emergencies, but it's strange that it's not being tracked. I'm not using PDAnet or anything like that, either.