T-Mobile: How slow is the throttle?

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've video chatted on Google hangouts being throttled, granted it wasn't the most pleasant experience, it was doable for the most part.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I should point out here that you can simply add a data package for a month and remove it the next. If one month your data needs are high, add the extra data for an extra 10 bucks, and then when you are back in your normal month, just remove the package.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Sprint doesn't offer unlimited data to new customers anymore?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Sprint still has unlimited data plans. However, starting June 1st, 2014
Sprint will be throttling the so called
Top 5% data user's in congested areas. If you ask me? Every where in the US seems to be in that category when your on Sprint's network.
Sounds eerie similar to what AT&T said before they implemented a capped /throttled data speeds to grandfathered unlimited data customers

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

mkutsman

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I am throttled right now listening to Spotify no problem using "Normal quality" streaming setting. My phone is showing T-mobile 3G connection (Moto G 1st gen doesn't support LTE). I know I am 2G-throttled though because speed test is showing EDGE speeds and I am way over my data limit.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I am throttled right now listening to Spotify no problem using "Normal quality" streaming setting. My phone is showing T-mobile 3G connection (Moto G 1st gen doesn't support LTE). I know I am 2G-throttled though because speed test is showing EDGE speeds and I am way over my data limit.

Spotify and many other music streaming apps don't count against data so it will always use best speed. It's part of T-Mobiles Music Freedom.

Sent using my iPhone 6 Plus via The Uncarrier

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
You are right about the music. Sorry u have an iphone, too bad you can't play with " new" technology

Posted via the Android Central App

I assume your referring to me. Don't be sorry, the decision was all mine and I was coherent when I made the decision. I enjoy android as well and use my G3 on my second line.

Sent using my iPhone 6 Plus via The Uncarrier

notfaded1

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but if there isn't high demand in your area the throttling should either not be existent or less???

I've been on the $30/month plan and use LINE and GrooveIP and haven't had any problems at all... I've gotten so used to using voip and LINE for calls that some months now I don't even use my 100 minutes.

Also I don't even come close to using the 5G in a month of LTE 4g usually anyhow...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but if there isn't high demand in your area the throttling should either not be existent or less???

I've been on the $30/month plan and use LINE and GrooveIP and haven't had any problems at all... I've gotten so used to using voip and LINE for calls that some months now I don't even use my 100 minutes.

Also I don't even come close to using the 5G in a month of LTE 4g usually anyhow...

No. That is the point in the limit -- You pay less but after you go over your limited (such as 3 GB or 5 GB) it throttles your speeds 100% of the time till your new cycle.

If people want fully unlimited they just have to nab the fully unlimited .. It just of course costs more.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind that the only way to determine this would be to download a file and monitor the time it takes. T-Mobile whitelisted Speedtest.net so that even if you are over your limit it will get high speed data.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

oap81

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
My service was throttled a few weeks ago. You can go to web pages but no streaming. On a side note. Remember tmo has unlimited streaming with Pandora and other music services.

Posted via Android Central App

JRLasVegas

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
T mobile unlocked major streaming companies. However all you can do is Web browse low data websites. You cannot Facebook or Twitter or any social media. Right now tmobile has 2 lines with unlimited plan including 4g, roaming, and extra 5gb of wifi Hotspot for $100. Plus you get a free subscription to rhapsody

Hey Hey Hey!

Last edited by a moderator:

JRLasVegas

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I cant, the pictures and videos will not load. I can only do texting type of social networking but I can't see any pictures or load anything older than 5 hours

Hey Hey Hey!