AT&T HTC Inspire on T-Mobile, talk & text only plan?

swindelljd

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I just got a HTC Inspire that I'd like to setup on T-Mobile with the cheapest plan possible. I don't need data because the phone will always be on wifi. I'm wondering if I can just buy a new sim or if I have to buy a feature phone & sim to activate and then move the sim to the Inspire. Also is it better to root & push a non-default rom or should it work with the default AT&T gingerbread rom?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They give you 500 MB of data free of charge.. You can after activation put a data block on the phone but honestly mine as well take the 500 MB since it doesn't add to the bill at all.

You can go to a T-Mobile store, get a SIM, and have them activate it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The ROM is a personal preference issue. If you like the stock firmware, you can keep it. You may need to get the phone SIM unlocked if it isn't already, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Either way, putting the SIM in something else first won't make a difference.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
They give you 500 MB of data free of charge.. You can after activation put a data block on the phone but honestly mine as well take the 500 MB since it doesn't add to the bill at all.

You can go to a T-Mobile store, get a SIM, and have them activate it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Or just disable mobile data on the phone. If you ever need it, you can enable it

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch