Anyone try the free stuff?

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I just got my freebies. Medium pizza and frosty. The Dominos is a coupon code you redeem via Dominos app or other online order method. Didn't expect any issues with that, and I didn't have any. The free frosty was a different story

You can't redeem until you're ready to use it. It operates on a 2min window. Once in the store I hit redeem at the register. Oddly, I didn't see any code for them to enter despite having a section for cashier code near the bottom (think that was the name). I showed it to the cashier with the clock still ticking. She was absolutely clueless. Never heard of it. Didn't know what to do. Even questioned if it was legit. She got the manager. At this point, the 2min window was basically expired. The manager at least knew about it, and knew it was legitimate but was equally clueless on what to do with it. He just rang up the frosty and entered his credentials to comp the bill.

So, I did get the free frosty. They were nice about it. But clearly your mileage may vary. How was everyone else's experience getting free stuff? Any snags?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Apparently, T-Mobile's servers were swamped by the demand. My T-Mobile Tuesdays app wouldn't even open--it just remained blank. I'll have to try again later today.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Aha! They fixed it. Just got my stuff. Redeemed my 1 share of T-Mobile stock. Gonna have to get the Frosty some time soon--I love those!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Got my domino's for dinner (along with the gf getting hers), got my Frosty, and just got my Warcraft movie ticket. I also snagged the VUDU :D.

markst

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Wife and i Both got the 5.50 credit on VUDU. Since it was the same login we ended up with 11.00 in the vudu account.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Might I ask. How did you do that? I tried doing the same thing. I got an error message stating only 1 credit per account. It was even stated in the fine print.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
ARGH, I missed out on this past Tuesday, since I was busy at work and forgot to check the app.:mad: I guess I'm turning the notifications back on.

Also didn't realize that the offers expire so quickly, so wasn't able to take advantage of the first week's pizza, Vudu, and other offers. I'm useless.:'(

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Love the $5.50 credit every week on Vudu. Even the top, new releases are no more than $5.99 for a rental. Renting Deadpool in HD for $0.49 is a great deal.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Also reading that the $20 MLB gift card has now been changed to a $20 coupon code. Typical TMO--make it up as you go along, but don't forget to brag initially! #uncarrier

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sort of disappointed that they're going to not do the Dominos thing in favor of Lyft. Nothing I can take advantage of around where I live, and Wendys still seens to have absolutely NO clue about how to handle the frosty promotion. But at least I can still get the Vudu rentals :)

Can't be mad either way ;)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Also reading that the $20 MLB gift card has now been changed to a $20 coupon code. Typical TMO--make it up as you go along, but don't forget to brag initially! #uncarrier

May have been an MLB thing wanting to change that so people can't stack them. Either way .. really hard to complain about free things :).

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
@raino, have you considered breaking up? It might be the best case for you and TMO to spend some time apart?

I don't think that what's fair criticism (IMO) of TMO merits a customer needing to leave them. When TMO does things well--like EIP, or the brilliant Test Drive program they had--I acknowledge them. But as a customer, I also have a right to complain when they don't do things right--like half *** the introduction of their offerings, or present themselves as something they're not.

TMO and I do spend time apart--when I have my Cricket SIM in the phone, necessitated by insufficient TMO coverage :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
To be fair, T-Mobile is not alone when it comes to introducing promotions like this and somehow not expecting the huge demand. This kind of thing seems to happen a lot. You'd think companies would be able to run a simulation of the server load that high user demand would present.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that what's fair criticism (IMO) of TMO merits a customer needing to leave them. When TMO does things well--like EIP, or the brilliant Test Drive program they had--I acknowledge them. But as a customer, I also have a right to complain when they don't do things right--like half *** the introduction of their offerings, or present themselves as something they're not.

TMO and I do spend time apart--when I have my Cricket SIM in the phone, necessitated by insufficient TMO coverage :)

Oh people are definitely allowed to criticize the practices of companies - but lately it seems like you're quite a bit unhappy with the choices they're making, so I was making a light hearted jab suggesting you may be happier with one of TMO's hotter siblings. :p

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
But as a customer, I also have a right to complain when they don't do things right--like half *** the introduction of their offerings, or present themselves as something they're not.

I can't think of any carrier that doesn't do this (present themselves as something they aren't) lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez