Busted glass

redrover69

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I have no way to take a pix of the glass but

it looks like bullet hit the screen and it cracked.

in the past same thing happened with iphone and I went to apple got a free replacement.

Suggestions???? Is it under warranty the same? etc etc?

Any help thanks!

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
If you got it from att take it there not sure if Samsung offers services like apple does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
If you break the screen, that's not covered by Samsung's warranty. Nor is a phone with a cracked screen eligible for an AT&T return/exchange, even if you're within the two-week return period.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
If you have insurance through ATT then give them a call. You'll need to pay a deductible and they'll send you a replacement phone.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

redrover69

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Wow 200 bucks? Plus the cost of the insurance....

There is ONE reason I should have kept the iphone.

Apple replaced a phone free with the same glass crack.

e06028

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I had the note 2 before the note 3 and I broke the screen. I took it to a repair shop and they charged me $129 to fix it. It was just the screen that was broken not the LCD. It has worked great and my wife still uses it. Make sure you find a good repair shop because if they don't fix it correctly you will have an air bubble under the screen. After breaking the glass on the Note 2 I got insurance for the Note 3. Insurance is a waste until you need it after dropping your phone.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Apple doesn't replace screens for free. They offer AppleCare + for $99 within the first 30 days (and the phone can't already be broken or water damaged) then they used to charge $49 deductible and now it's a $79 deductible. Apple only replaces factor defects for free.
Since applecare + was introduced around 2 years ago, they do not replace screens free. There is always an exception to the rule here and there, but that is rare and requires some special circumstances.
Also, If you break the screen of an iPhone 5, 5C, or 5S is costs in the area of $250+/- to replace without applecare +
Call any apple store and ask.

When you get insurance thru the carrier, you have a 1-800 number you call, it's an outside insurance company. You pay $200 deductible and they will send you a phone with no back and no battery. You put your back and battery on the new phone and then you put the broken phone in the box and mail it back within 10 days.
If you go over 10 days they hit your credit card for full retail price.

redrover69

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I had an iPhone 5 the screen cracked similiarly. It was in my pocket I was sitting in a chair wearing tennis shorts and when it hit the ground it hit glass face down and apparently hit a rock and the glass shattered like a bullet hit it. I went to apple and got a new phone for free. They replaced it said something about how the cracks on the screen looked like a screen defect not from negligence.

The glass on the note 3 looks kinda similar. Im hoping the same will occur.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non