Counterfeit Samsung Galaxy Note 3 devices on Craigslist in US market

bigo Sibti

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
To buyer warning :
There are counterfeit Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on craigslist in US market :
Keep in your mind ,before you pay for it :
1. Make sure the phone have a samsung logo name on front and back also S pen.
2. Make sure the screen is 5.7 " inch.** counterfeit only 5.4"- 5.5" inch**
3. Make sure phone with 4G sign symbol on top of screen and able to run 4G with LTE ( you better have 4G sim card with you to test the phone)
4. Don't believe it,even phone software show up is Note 3.
5. Note 3 and Note 2 Power connector are same . (counterfeit one may use different Power connector).
6. The accessories may be genuine but PHONE. (be careful)

Asking seller is the phone match above requires before to meet seller .
from my experience , seller may tell you phone too big to handle it or friend give to him for a owe,

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: There are counterfeit Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on craigslist in US market :

Thanks for the warning. Hopefully this helps some people.

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

To buyer warning :
There are counterfeit Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on craigslist in US market :
Keep in your mind ,before you pay for it :
1. Make sure the phone have a samsung logo name on front and back also S pen.
2. Make sure the screen is 5.7 " inch.** counterfeit only 5.4"- 5.5" inch**
3. Make sure phone with 4G sign symbol on top of screen and able to run 4G with LTE ( you better have 4G sim card with you to test the phone)
4. Don't believe it,even phone software show up is Note 3.
5. Note 3 and Note 2 Power connector are same . (counterfeit one may use different Power connector).
6. The accessories may be genuine but PHONE. (be careful)

Asking seller is the phone match above requires before to meet seller .
from my experience , seller may tell you phone too big to handle it or friend give to him for a owe,

#5. Note 3 is the first phone with USB 3.0 data/charging port. Note 2 has a standard micro USB data/charging port.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

XiphoneUzer

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

Kinda strange that this person took the time to "register" to this site, just to warn us?!?!

Anyone else find that odd?

mchoudhry2k

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

I just purchased a fake on Craigslist yesterday. :( I took it into Best Buy and compared it with the Note 3's they had and it definitely wasn't AMOLED. Also there were very very minor differences, at first glance it fooled even the Samsung employee there...I'm out $450.00. The transaction happened at Wendy's in Fremont California, the person was Asian, medium size build not fat but not thin, short dark hair, perhaps 5'4" - 5'7" went by the name Mike. I've repeatedly called him and he does not answer. It looked like he had a flip go phone. He was between the ages of 22-30 perhaps. I requested the video footage from Wendy's and they are providing it to me today, in which they have the whole transaction taking place. They have money exchanging hands, they have him getting into his car and driving away. So I will try and take this to the police. Hell, I've done half their job for them. It should be easy to catch this guy unless they don't care.

Pictures and video are here of the product: http://www.flickr.com/photos/macdiddy/sets/72157641915138925/

migespy

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

Wow! That is a damn good counterfeit. I was literally on my way to go pick one up off craigslist. I immediately cancelled the meet up. Honestly based off those pictures I would have never known it was fake. Thanks for sharing.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the info OP and Welcome to Andriod Central

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Wow that box looks like the real deal. The problem occurs when yo look at the film on the screen and then look at the s-pen.

I almost think this dude bought a unlocked international one, then just swapped the phone with a knock off. Everything else looks legit. That stinks.

You got a variation of this phone

New 1:1 Note 3 N9000 N9006 5.7 inch 3G android 4.3 MTK6572 WCDMA GPS 8MP Smart Phone Micro SIM Single Card Gift Free shipping-in Mobile Phones from Electronics on Aliexpress.com

They aren't bad if you are expecting them though. Just really not a note phone

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

I just purchased a fake on Craigslist yesterday. :( I took it into Best Buy and compared it with the Note 3's they had and it definitely wasn't AMOLED. Also there were very very minor differences, at first glance it fooled even the Samsung employee there...I'm out $450.00. The transaction happened at Wendy's in Fremont California, the person was Asian, medium size build not fat but not thin, short dark hair, perhaps 5'4" - 5'7" went by the name Mike. I've repeatedly called him and he does not answer. It looked like he had a flip go phone. He was between the ages of 22-30 perhaps. I requested the video footage from Wendy's and they are providing it to me today, in which they have the whole transaction taking place. They have money exchanging hands, they have him getting into his car and driving away. So I will try and take this to the police. Hell, I've done half their job for them. It should be easy to catch this guy unless they don't care.

Pictures and video are here of the product: http://www.flickr.com/photos/macdiddy/sets/72157641915138925/

Sorry that happened to you. In the future, I would recommend meeting at a tmobile, AT&T, Sprint or VZW store. Have them activate the phone and verify everything before handing over money.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Pictures and video are here of the product: Counterfeit Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - a set on Flickr

Not sure if the Police will be able to do anything, I could be wrong, but I believe this would fall under a civil matter, not a criminal matter. California may be different, but here in Louisiana, you would have to file a claim in civil court.

mchoudhry2k

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, I just wanted to help others so it doesn't happen to them. Even though I got taken for $450 :( the phone was for my wife's Birthday gift and I didn't have enough money to purchase another phone for her :( I just took her out to dinner. I'm not going to give her a fake phone. That guy basically stole my wife's birthday present!

mchoudhry2k

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Yes I definitely agree but I was setting up the day for my wife's birthday, and was rushing around this phone was supposed to be her bday gift but this craigslist scammer basically stole my wife's birthday gift away from her. I'm not giving her a fake phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I just need to do something you know? I feel pretty helpless right now...

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Yes I definitely agree but I was setting up the day for my wife's birthday, and was rushing around this phone was supposed to be her bday gift but this craigslist scammer basically stole my wife's birthday gift away from her. I'm not giving her a fake phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I just need to do something you know? I feel pretty helpless right now...

Oh...definitely pursue, even if nothing happens, I would get the satisfaction of knowing that I tracked the &^%*^*&^*%^* down! LOL!!

mchoudhry2k

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

I just spoke to a Sgt at Fremont PD, and he was very interested in the case, moreso because of the fact that we have all the video footage. So I'm going to continue to pursue this as long as I can.

Hopefully someone will be able to do something, if at the very least make it hard for this guy to continue to scam people.

mchoudhry2k

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

So the latest is they are very interested in the case and it is being escalated to a joint task force (federal and local). I have a call with them tomorrow and will be working with them.

richardzhou123

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Hope they are caught quick! I had someone try to sell me a fake as well! Switched the back cover with one from a real T-Mobile Note 3.