Need some help with rooting.

editionfws

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone
I have a note 3 (n900a of course on AT&T), running 4.3 mj5.
I am trying to root. I haven't found a way through Odin, but I hear kingo works well and is now trusted. We'll for 3 nights now, I have tried kingo with no luck. It will either not connect saying USB connection is unstable, or when it does actually connect, it says I am using an s2. I have deleted all samsung drivers and kies, i redownloaded kies and used those drivers, deleted kites and used samsung official drivers, tried it all. No matter what, it says I have an s2.

I have searched up and down and can not find anyone who has run into this issue. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to root or get Kingo working? I don't really want to use root de la vega. I have heard a few bad things.

Thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone
I have a note 3 (n900a of course on AT&T), running 4.3 mj5.
I am trying to root. I haven't found a way through Odin, but I hear kingo works well and is now trusted. We'll for 3 nights now, I have tried kingo with no luck. It will either not connect saying USB connection is unstable, or when it does actually connect, it says I am using an s2. I have deleted all samsung drivers and kies, i redownloaded kies and used those drivers, deleted kites and used samsung official drivers, tried it all. No matter what, it says I have an s2.

I have searched up and down and can not find anyone who has run into this issue. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to root or get Kingo working? I don't really want to use root de la vega. I have heard a few bad things.

Thanks.

I have never trusted apps to root for me. I would look through this: GalaxyNote3Root.com - Learn How to Root Galaxy Note 3!
He does how to videos well, and for ROMs he does a slight preview of them, so you kinda peek at them before even flashing.

editionfws

May 17, 2013
Visit site
You should check out the Note 3 forums and videos on xda developers.

I did actually. On their root video, I downloaded the file but it timed out every time I tried to download it. I watched their video a few times while it was downloading. It's simple enough, that's now I did my s3.

But I may have found why kingo wasn't working for me. I still had lookout running and it won't work with it running. I'll have to try tomorrow.

Crxssroad

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Did you try it with mj5? If so I'll try it tomorrow.

Mine is mi9. I'm not completely sure if that will cause you any problems but as long as you follow the guide to the letter I'm sure you'll be fine. I think one of the steps runs a check on your phone to see if it'll work before hand. Also, if you're not on lightning fast Internet, I would suggest downloading the necessary files now so it doesn't interrupt your working flow tomorrow.

Sent by my lady friend, Note 3

editionfws

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Mine is mi9. I'm not completely sure if that will cause you any problems but as long as you follow the guide to the letter I'm sure you'll be fine. I think one of the steps runs a check in your phone to see if it'll work before hand. Also, if you're not on lightning fast Internet, I would suggest downloading the necessary files now so it doesn't interrupt your editing flow tomorrow.

Sent by my lady friend, Note 3

I don't think mi9 will work, but I'll download the file to be safe. I'll start it in the morning and it will be done by the time I get home.

Shane Dowler

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I have read fun several sites to make sure it's original cord and if you still have the problem try a different usb port. Also I have read issues with laptops over desktops

Posted via my Note 3

Alejandro Tello Jr

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I have a n900a with mi9. I rooted with Kingo the first day I got the phone. No problems at all and it rooted quickly. Not sure why your having problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress