AT&T Wiped My Phone

bcxx143

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I had that familiar charging problem every seems to have, just 13 days after buying the phone. I took it to AT&T and they had to wipe the phone to fix the problem - so far it's worked. But I lost all my contacts. I don't understand how though - when I switched from an iPhone to the Note I didn't lose any - how can restore them?

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I had that familiar charging problem every seems to have, just 13 days after buying the phone. I took it to AT&T and they had to wipe the phone to fix the problem - so far it's worked. But I lost all my contacts. I don't understand how though - when I switched from an iPhone to the Note I didn't lose any - how can restore them?

Depends on where your contacts were stored. If in the phones storage then they would be gone. If through the AT&T address book they should be backed up. If on you SIM card you would see them. The final way is the way prefer and that is syncing all of your contacts to your Google account. This is the only way I do it and every contact I have always transfers between devices.

ಠ益ಠ

TMorss

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Kinda silly for you to have a phone powered by Google that is backed up to Google and not have your contacts saved to Google? Android = Cloud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress