AT&T 4.4.4 Galaxy S4 Download is ready

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Not rooted. I too have noticed battery drain. What is twitter handle for AT&T? Let's get this posted? Calls are still good as they are documented in their system.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
If you use Twitter, you also get an email of the DMs between you & AT&T so everything is documented as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) using Tapatalk Pro

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Factory data reset may not be the most appealing solution, but it is common to have issues after an update if one isn't performed. Back up everything and do a reset. If the update keeps failing, it should help that too.

Boom! From My S5

tschoene

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I contacted them the day after I downloaded 4.4.4, which was last Monday. Well, they couldn't help. I spent 1 hour on the phone with them on Thursday and I did everything from clearing the cache to deleting my account and nothing worked on my email. Since att couldn't help, they told me to call Samsung. There went another 1.5 hours of wasted time. Samsung did everything att did and nothing worked.

Went to the att store on Saturday and they deleted my email account and reinstalled it, but it still isn't working.

so, calling att and samsung has NOT helped. Where do we go from here? Who can help fix this problem? No email is hurting me.

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Deleting and re-adding my email account solved my email problems. However, now, every time I turn on my phone, after I enter my lock screen PIN I get a dialog saying Unfortunately Touchwiz Home has stopped. I say OK to the dialog, and everything seems to go on as usual.

The phone gets really hot when I talk on it, I was on the phone for about ten minutes yesterday and it was starting to hurt my ear.

And the GPS toggle appears to be gone from the Settings you get when you drop down the top shade of the phone, it says "location" now, and your choices are "high accuracy" which uses GPS, network towers, etc. to locate you (when I choose that my GPS searches, searches, searches....), power saver which does not use GPS, only network towers, or totally off. This is not an improvement, I used to be able to control my GPS separately and it actually could find the satellites.

My battery drains a little faster than it used to, not frighteningly so, but I cannot get two 8 hour days out of one charge anymore so I am making more use of my spare battery. An 8-10 hour day of normal use for me now uses about 65% of my battery.

I am disinclined to waste hours and hours on the phone with people who clearly cannot help me, as they have not helped others who commented.

I am not rooted, I'm running stock stuff and do not have any battery saver, process cleaner, or other such management apps on my phone.

I don't know whether most people are also having these issues and whether they have found any clever improvements they could make to improve things. I guess we just have to live with it.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I contacted them the day after I downloaded 4.4.4, which was last Monday. Well, they couldn't help. I spent 1 hour on the phone with them on Thursday and I did everything from clearing the cache to deleting my account and nothing worked on my email. Since att couldn't help, they told me to call Samsung. There went another 1.5 hours of wasted time. Samsung did everything att did and nothing worked.

Went to the att store on Saturday and they deleted my email account and reinstalled it, but it still isn't working.

so, calling att and samsung has NOT helped. Where do we go from here? Who can help fix this problem? No email is hurting me.

Try them on Twitter at ATTCares. I've had most issues cleared in no more than 48 hours.

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I tweeted them my problems (Touchwiz Home stops, antenna heats up, GPS can't find anything, phone gets very hot while on a call). We'll see if it's within their power to even do anything.

lobokun

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
i am unable to get this update for some reason. I have the ATT i337 galaxy s4 phone but i am using metroPCS as a provider.
any ideas? i am also root as well.

mdkappy

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
With battery drain issues, I've tried everything: re-flashed firmware at Best Buy, did hard key reset, had both Samsung and ATT remote-in to my phone. Samsung said to return it for service. ATT is sending me a refurb phone under warranty. I tried removing Exchange services and reinstalling. Everything is turned off. When data and Exchange are active, it just drains battery quickly. I will try new phone and NOT restore anything from backup except Contacts. Can't wait for S6!! Will try to hang in there or just go for Note 4. I give up!!

Superior_Nexus

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I tried several times but update fails. I can download it but when installing fails at 27%. tried 6 times. I wiped the phone and tried the update again but it still failed. I was rooted before but lost root when I did the NI1 update. That one updated without any problems. I was with at&t but am now using staighttalk (not sure if that matters). Any ideas?

I haven't tried wiping it or anything, but I've tried at least a dozen times to do the dang update and it always fails at 27%!!

Does anybody know what is up with this?

I am running 4.4.2 on my GS4 from AT&T.
i was rooted, but lost it due to the recent "mini" update.

Someone help please?!

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I must say that it took a bit more time for me but my batteries are now draining like crazy. Time to clean up old apps & check running processes to see if I can find the culprit.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
@ATTIgnores. I tweeted them about the TouchWiz Home Has Stopped error and nothing happened. It's been over a week.... Oh well. Not sure if we should be blaming AT&T or Samsung for such problems...

That's extremely unusual as I've always received a response within 24 hours. I'll give it a try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez