Why all the hate?

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious as to why people always seem to hate on Samsung products? I have never had any problems with my infuse. I've also owned a Samsung 40 inch lcd TV for at least five years now asks never had problems. What's yalls opinions?! You think maybe those htc and moto guys just need to test drive one one day and might have a change of heart?

Sent from da infuse mon!

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had a 42" samsung dlp tv for several years. DLP is getting a bit dated (it is only 720p) but its been good enough that I haven't felt any compelling reason to upgrade from it.

I've also had two cheap samsung laser printers, an SCX-4100 monochrome laser mfp and a CLP-300 mfp. The former got to the point where everything it prints is very light and has ghost duplicates of everything as the paper goes past the rolling fuser or something (about eery inch or two it repeats stuff with ghosts of what came before. New ink and cleaning won't help, and repair places will charge more than it costs. If its a plain text document it is readable enough, but anything graphical forget it. The scanner always worked fine though. The CLP-300 still works fine, I got it because I was tired of paying for inkjet color cartridges. Then every store around here that carried their color toner stopped carrying them. Amazon still has them though, and they are affordable there. Just about every other online place that has them they've skyrocketed so worried that will happen there too. It is a no frills color laser, does nothing else, and that's fine. At the time their main selling points was their cost, each being almost $100 below anything else in its class.

I briefly had a cheap samsung non-smartphone I got as a warranty replacement for a SE phone. I didn't care for it. And I used a samsung focus for about a week before returning it, though the hardware was not why.

Anyway I gather a lot of people had hate for samsung on how long it took to get updates to some of their previous android phones. Some of that appears to be carrier-based, but HTC by comparison always seemed to get that quicker on the same carriers.

Lastly samsung's UI seems to annoy people more than.. well, HTC. HTC is the one it seems to be in comparison to the most.

Not saying these are my issues, just trying to answer your question.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I think Samsung makes outstanding products. There electronics are nuts. Plus that Refridgerator they have that has Wifi on it to keep things organized and do other stuff. I never thought I would see something like that. There TVs are sick!

But like someone else has stated, there updates on Androids are horrible. When I had the Captivate, luckily Froyo was leaked and I had it flashed on the phone about 7 months before they officially released it. I pretty much have the same feeling about Gingerbread for the Infuse. Its probably gonna be leaked out way before Samsung releases it to AT&T and then we have to wait on the update. Developers are gonna get the leak and start making custom ROMs. Once you start flashing (if you do) its almost like theres no turning back. Its actually a fairly simple process and every rom always has a How To when flashing.

They might be slow on what they do. But the smart Devs are always around to scoop up potential and make greatness :)

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I view Samsung as the new Sony. In other words, the king of electronics. My TV and point and shoot camera are both Sammys.

2Munkeez

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I had never seen any of the Sammy hate, until my wife found out I was buying the Infuse. In her home country, land lines are extremely rare. So she has a TON of cellular experience. She told me that every Samsung she (or anybody she knew) ever had went belly up after awhile. She said they always worked great, for awhile, then died. She has an iPhone, now, and I'm trying to bring her over to Android. I might be able to sell her on a HTC, but there is no way she will ever own a Samsung. I will admit my first one went back, for bugs, and this one is not 'time tested' yet, but so far I can't see myself with anything except this device. Oh well, Ford/Chevy I guess.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I had never seen any of the Sammy hate, until my wife found out I was buying the Infuse. In her home country, land lines are extremely rare. So she has a TON of cellular experience. She told me that every Samsung she (or anybody she knew) ever had went belly up after awhile. She said they always worked great, for awhile, then died. She has an iPhone, now, and I'm trying to bring her over to Android. I might be able to sell her on a HTC, but there is no way she will ever own a Samsung. I will admit my first one went back, for bugs, and this one is not 'time tested' yet, but so far I can't see myself with anything except this device. Oh well, Ford/Chevy I guess.

If your wife thinks samsungs are bad, wait till she sees the htc problems. HTC's are known for horrible quality control, examples of this would be, off centered screens, screens with dead pixels, phones with blown speakers, screens that become delaminated at the edges, light leakage on the capacitive buttons due to poor screen seal. This is straight out of the box from factory mind you.

Its funny how the htc fan boys always knock on samsung for feeling cheap and fake yet if you look at all the samsung forums, there are almost no hardware problems. Mean while look at any htc phone forums like the evo4g, the evo3d, the thunderbolt forums and all you see are threads about people with problems.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I love the build quality of my Nexus S 4G. This phone is out together better than any other smartphone I have ever had wth the exception of the iPhone 4.

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
If your wife thinks samsungs are bad, wait till she sees the htc problems. HTC's are known for horrible quality control, examples of this would be, off centered screens, screens with dead pixels, phones with blown speakers, screens that become delaminated at the edges, light leakage on the capacitive buttons due to poor screen seal. This is straight out of the box from factory mind you.

Its funny how the htc fan boys always knock on samsung for feeling cheap and fake yet if you look at all the samsung forums, there are almost no hardware problems. Mean while look at any htc phone forums like the evo4g, the evo3d, the thunderbolt forums and all you see are threads about people with problems.

Yea I gotta agree with you on that. I had an htc and people will say they are built better but I fail to see how. This phone is solid. For some reason htc fans seem to equate weight with quality. They all say the same thing.... I can't stand Samsung their phones are all so light and feel cheap. I like my evo cause it's heavy and feels good. Like wtf kind of argument is that?! Lol.

Sent from da infuse mon!

2Munkeez

May 11, 2011
Visit site

I have mixed feeling about HTC. The first one I ever owned made a believer out of me. That device was AWESOME. And OMG could it take a beating. Its unlocked now and still pulls occassional duty, even though parts of it are actually missing. My second HTC was pretty decent too, I lost it and the replacement bricked on me. By then, it couldn't be replaced with the same model so they gave me what they said was the new/improved version. It sucked so bad I actually lost interest in phones and focussed on other hobbies until my contract expired and I could get the Sammy.

I really like Apples's hardware and I thinking ios is really smooth, stable, and user friendly. Unfortunately, I also think dealing with iAnything is like living in a Communist country :-( I wouldn't hesitate to take a chance on the Inspire as I've had 50/50 luck with the htc's and get the feeling that one is built right. I just hope that by the time her contract is up, my Infuse will have lasted long enough to convince her its the rout device because, honestly, it's the first device I would recommend to anyone. I talked my mom into going with one over the iphone4 and she's completely happy with it. Its a good feeling when there just is not ONE device you would rather have than the one you're using :)

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
what hate? Never heard that before.

You should check out the headlines whenever there is htc, moto and samsung news, its always these other fan boys going in dogging on samsung calling them samsuck etc etc etc. If you truely love your phone, and you see these untrue statements that they make, it really makes your blood boil. Most of these haters have never owned or handled a samsung phone and are just following the band wagon.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have only had a few problems with my Nexus S but Samsung fixed it free of charge, my TV is also Samsung and has been working for a good 4 years without a problem, it even reads my Xoom via HDMI just fine, which the my Mitsubishi television in the living room cannot do that. Hell, even my microwave is Samsung and it is energy efficient and works great, I do have a problem with HTC mainly because they keep making variants of the same device :p

Sent from my Nexus S

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I have a Samsung Infuse, and have owned a Samsung Epic 4G-- and I have to say that, in a lot of ways, Samsung DOES suck.

Their SAMOLED screens keep me coming back (they're superior to anything else on the market IMO including any qHD displays or the iPhone 4's retina display), but apart from that, their history with Android updates is TERRIBLE.

When looking at the major Android manufacturers in the United States (Samsung, HTC, Motorola), Samsung is always consistently behind in delivering updates. You can't blame it on a custom skin, since both Moto and HTC have arguably more intrusive overlays, and they still manage to get the updates.

You can't blame it on Network or Carrier since HTC and Moto's phones on the same carrier get upgrades quickly. I remember on my Epic 4G, I was waiting for FOREVER for the Froyo update, while the Evo had quickly updated to 2.2 and even 2.3. The Droid and Droid X on Verizon also have seen upgrades in a comparatively timely manner.

At the end of the day, one can't really be mad at Samsung, since (with the exception of the Behold 2), it's not like they promise updates and don't deliver them EVER. And granted, as a consumer, you should know the device you're buying.

That being said, it's hard to stay loyal to them when every phone around you is getting updates, and Samsung's phones seem to be left out in the cold without very much information given to consumers about why their updates are delayed or when they will be delivered.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non