At&t rootable small phone suggestion

bkenobi69

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I switched from Verizon to At&t recently and my GS5 and wife's GS7 didn't work so we got new phones. She went iphone but I wanted to stay on android so I got an A10e (smallest device they offered for "free". I spent a few weeks researching how to root the A10e and have come to realize it's not possible.

What small (<142mm height) phone IS rootable on AT&T network?

Last edited:

bkenobi69

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Ad blocking and enable hot spot primarily. I've always rooted so not having root seems strange. I see that carriers have made it difficult as time goes on, but Magisk claims to solve things if the bootloader isn't locked.

The options I've been looking at (may not work) are:
GS5
GS7
S10e
A10e (current phone)
A40
J5
Sony Xperia XZ2 compact (really what I want, but hard to find)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ad blocking and enable hot spot primarily. I've always rooted so not having root seems strange. I see that carriers have made it difficult as time goes on, but Magisk claims to solve things if the bootloader isn't locked.

The options I've been looking at (may not work) are:
GS5
GS7
S10e
A10e (current phone)
A40
J5
Sony Xperia XZ2 compact (really what I want, but hard to find)
Yeah US to gain root or unlock bootloader is hard , might want to check XDA Forums if any are out but it will make Samsung pay not work or secure folder plus vulnerability of security updates

bkenobi69

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I dont use pay apps anyway. Security is not a real concern since it's a personal (non-business) phone. I posted on XDA general section but havent had any response yet. This forum is not as technical, but I figured there might be a few users who have successfully rooted anyway. I'll keep looking but so far not looking good. Best bet might be going back to a GS7 which GSMArena claims is Exynos chipset whereas all others on the list are Snapdragon.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I dont use pay apps anyway. Security is not a real concern since it's a personal (non-business) phone. I posted on XDA general section but havent had any response yet. This forum is not as technical, but I figured there might be a few users who have successfully rooted anyway. I'll keep looking but so far not looking good. Best bet might be going back to a GS7 which GSMArena claims is Exynos chipset whereas all others on the list are Snapdragon.
Yeah XDA Forums are for Root and different Rom... Here more to help on stock firmware

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Could you squeeze that to 151.3mm? Pixel 3a. Rooting is trivial, just unlock the bootloader and use Magisk. Google doesn't void the warranty for rooting (and with Magisk being only in the boot file, you can always flash the stock boot.img and completely get rid of root - then flash the modified boot.img and be rooted again.) And it's not a bad phone. (And tech support is fantastic.) Unless AT&T has a special on it, I'd buy it directly from Google, though. (They may even have a Black Friday sale.)

bkenobi69

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I considered it and a coworker who has it says they are great. The problem I see is no SD slot so no way to expand or backup locally. It comes with 128Gb I think, so may be less of an issue, but that was the reason it's not on the list.

anon(10683248)

Apr 14, 2020
Visit site
Hi folks,

I'm trying to unlock my Sony Xperia XA2 but I've not been that lucky so far.
The phone is branded and it keeps not being recognized to the pc.
I've installed the ADB and the flashtool already.

The phone displays a blue light when I push the volume up and the power button.
Then nothing happens.

What if I installed the complete SDK, would it be any better ?

Any advice is welcome.

thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38