Soft-Bricked device

McLovin_

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I was trying to upgrade my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate from Android 2.3 to ICS with Odin v 1.85. But I messed and accidently bricked my device.
Samsung_Galaxy_S_Black_Screen_of_Death.jpg I've tried using DI01package3.tar.md5 file, but every time its on this step "<ID:0/003> movinand.bin" it fails. I've tried re installing Odin, restarting my computer. But nothing seems to be working for me. Could someone please help.

Any useful advice would be GREATLY APPREACIATED

spagman

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
You're ok, just find an early stock rom with pit file and flash with Odin.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

McLovin_

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Sorry , but what dab and flashboot? Im new to these things I can put it in download mode though if that's any help .

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

spagman

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes, download mode is what you need.
Start Odin plug in your phone while in download mode you will see a yellow comm box with a port number light up.... If it does you can flash with Odin. All you have to do is find an earlier stock rom for your phone with pit image flashable by Odin.
Naturally if you don't know how to use Odin read up first... It's not hard.

spagman

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Should be the first on the right in Odin..... Should say "pit", right on it... Then put the tar rom in PDA.

spagman

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Is your phone a 959d or 959v.....stick with the stock rom for your make /model

spagman

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok... If it's a stock rom and you have the pit.... Just start Odin put phone download mode... Put pit in pit section..... Tar rom in PDA section.... Then plug in the phone.... Wait for yellow com port with numbers to show up in Odin then press start and stay away from usb cable and let it finish.... The "repartition" check box should be checked

spagman

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Let me know if it works... I will be waiting for an answer...
No problem.

matejkolic

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
i have galaxy s wifi 5.0 and i root my device and he stuck on boot,i trying everthing to do nothing i turn off device and he turn on and i see black screen of deadth and my device turn of,he never turn onwhy what is the problem?sorry for my bad english i am from Croatia

Desting77

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello from Russia.
I want to make my 959 Telus upgrade, but download software from T959Vibrant. Now i understand, that it is not the same. My phone didn't turn ON. Only download mode. But when i try to download PDA file (for example SGH-T959P-Stock_plus_Voodoo_CWM_2.3.4v2) - the result is FAIL.
Help me please to alive this phone.
What i must to do? HELP!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

Attachments

• odin.JPG
    odin.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez