1800mAh battery....When?

bdragon

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm holding out for a 1800mAh battery, which is the highest I think they can go and still keep the stock battery door. I search the internet daily looking for one, with no luck. The first person to produce one will make a lot of money, cause I know I'm not the only one that wants/needs the extra juice without the bulk and added weight to an already hefty phone. To me, 1600mAh is not much of an upgrade and definitely not worth the price, IMO. *Keeps searching and hoping*

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I totally agree, I would buy a 1800mAh battery in a heartbeat, nd would probably pay $80 for it too.

I use my phone for work, so an extra $80 for a phone that will last all day is not much to pay - it's still cheaper than paying for TWO batteries (if you had the choice to buy it instead of the OEM battery.)

$80 is only 22? a day on a one year contract and 11? a day on a two year contract. It would be worth it (if it was an ACTUAL 1800 battery).

More than likely we won't be seeing one. These phones are discarded too quickly these days to make backward compatible products. More than likely - or should I say HOPEFULLY - HTC will design MORE ROOM for a bigger battery in the Thunderbolt II next year.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
For an 1800mah, they would have to add a mm or so like on the Droid X.

But that's ok by me. A battery in between the stock and extended would be great.

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
. More than likely - or should I say HOPEFULLY - HTC will design MORE ROOM for a bigger battery in the Thunderbolt II next year.

LOL thunderbolt 2 next year? I doubt we will see that, look at the EVO, thats been out a while and they still havent updated that, unless you call the EVO Shift an update.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I use my phone for work, so an extra $80 for a phone that will last all day is not much to pay - it's still cheaper than paying for TWO batteries (if you had the choice to buy it instead of the OEM battery.)

$80 is only 22? a day on a one year contract and 11? a day on a two year contract. It would be worth it (if it was an ACTUAL 1800 battery).

More than likely we won't be seeing one. These phones are discarded too quickly these days to make backward compatible products. More than likely - or should I say HOPEFULLY - HTC will design MORE ROOM for a bigger battery in the Thunderbolt II next year.

They did for the Evo and the inc so i can see them making one.

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping that the higher capacity battery (1700mAh+, I think) in the EVO 3D will fit the space in the Thunderbolt. Hoping against hope.

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm waiting for a bigger battery but I do not want the current 2750 and the 1600 is not 1600 so, lets hope someone gets off there ass and see's there is a market ;)

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site

Something to keep in mind: The company behind this product listing used to claim 1500 mAh each for these batteries. Then, it seems, one day they woke up and decided these batteries should be 1700 mAh, so they changed the product description. I would be surprised if these were more than 1250mAh in actuality.

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Back on topic... By the time there is consumer battery technology capable of actually packing 1800mAh into this form factor, the Thunderbolt will be obsolete. Based on recent trends, we are probably looking at 2-3 years (or more) down the road.

CrunchyWizard

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

I just got my '1700 mAh' batteries from Amazon... They're both marked 1500 mAh and only one of them is marked for the Thunderbolt. The other is marked for the 'My Touch 4G/Merge/42100' and doesn't fit into my phone (it might go if I push hard, but I don't wanna).

I've contacted the vendor through Amazon's problem service (it's not Amazon, it's 'ACC Stop') - they've replied, blaming Amazon for the mis-listing and offering 20% off if I keep it or a full refund + reimbursement for return shipping if I send it back. I think I'll send it all back because I cannot tolerate deceptive sales practices and I don't buy their explanation for the wrong description.

I'm curious if anyone else has been stung by these folks and if they did anything about it. I'm going to contact Amazon directly because I think these people are counting on most people not even looking at the batteries... Lynseyw: did you get 1700 mAh batteries?

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I got two on ebay. They are 1700 mAh batteries and, yes, they do say My Touch 4g. Those batteries are compatible and fit just fine in the TBolt. Since I've used them, I've noticed a difference.

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
This is my first day with the 1700 mAh batteries from Ebay, and so far, they are MUCH better than the OEM battery!

Verizon Thunderbolt 4G LTE 1700mAh x2 Battery+Dock CHGR | eBay

Just FYI -- This product was getting a lot of negative feedback from Amazon customers, so the seller deleted the product listing and created a new one in order to start fresh. Is that really an honest thing to do? Also, does it make you trust their "1700 mAh" claim? If you really believe these batteries to be any better than stock, I feel sorry for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali