mrfarinhight

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Like I said, I jumped the gun and posted OTA before I found out it was only a leak. Sorry for the confusion. And yes, I was told by someone from XDA that if you install this leak, you will possibly never be able to root your phone. Ever. :D

quic

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I was using the other 2.1 leak and it seems to have no Dialer/Answering Lag, no Google Login on reboot, Much snappier, and better memory management, i went from on boot having about 92M according to TaskKiller to this time on reboot having 112M, obviously it goes down over time but it does manage the memory slightly better than the previous 2.1 leak.

Also my Service has gone up between 1 and 2 bars.

All-In-All it's a great leak!

Still having issues with downloading new HTC Widgets and thats my only problem so far.

rw6497

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
totally agree with you,its a superior build to the original except I did get the phone problem where you and the other person on the line can't hear each other. I was on phone all day and it only happened once but it should never happen. first build happened more frequently. I had Bluetooth on. wonder if that may have something to do with it...

quic

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
i don't think it has to do with bluetooth because i always have that off and it happened a few times with the old build i was using. This may not be a OS issue but more likely a network issue. I only say that because i have had that issue with every blackberry i have owned. The Pearl 8130, Storm 1 and Tour all had that problem. And all of them were on the Verizon network.

Shay D. Life

Android Advocate
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Like I said, I jumped the gun and posted OTA before I found out it was only a leak. Sorry for the confusion. And yes, I was told by someone from XDA that if you install this leak, you will possibly never be able to root your phone. Ever. :D

That's all I had to hear. Going from a 2.1 leak to another 2.1 leak feels like going sideways anyway.:D

quic

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
ShayD.Life that doesn't make sense, your going from a 2.1 leak with problems to a 2.1 leak with none. Its just like every little radio fix update and things that Verizon pushes out OTA all the time.

besides thats just speculation about the rooting. If this is not the official release or if it is doesn't matter because when we get the official one the Devs will start working on root. It's just like every other phone. There is always a way in. It just takes some time to find a way in sometimes. Mrfarinhight shouldn't have posted that comment because it doesn't matter anyway, there is only a root for 1.5 and not the first 2.1 leak anyway so if your on 2.1 leak 1 then you can't root so you might as well update again and atleast fix the issues that exist in the first leak.

no offense is meant to mrfarinhight or shaydlife in this post. don't take me the wrong way.

mrfarinhight

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
No, he would be going from a 2.1 leak with problems to a 2.1 leak with a few less problems. I'm not sure what changes between these leaks, I would have no idea, I just heard from someone at XDA. There could very well be something that changes, not allowing you to ever get root. It could change into something that is so difficult to break into compared to the original leak, that the devs won't even touch it. If you want to take the chance at waiting a long, long time to get root, go for it. But if your running the leak and want root, I'd suggest staying right where your at.

quic

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
put it on the root of your SD Card. unplug your phone from the computer and turn it off. The while holding down on the volume button hold the power button. Then click the trackball when hboot comes up... then it'll ask one or two more times for you to click yes all you have to do is hit the trackball and then your done.

dan.wright

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, the fact that it fixes the gmail sign-in issue, as well as dialer lag is making me happy. Don't need the HTC widgets, so this is good.

mitchell.23

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
the only difference I'm seeing is the google sign in issue. I wasn't having the phone issue on leak #1 so phone is working the same for me. I was still seeing the cell standby issue again but used the airplane mode trick and took care of that. Not seeing any speed differences or battery differences from leak #1.

mopatt24

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
hello

I need some help. Im a first time poster, long time follower and im trying to install the new 2.1 leak. It wont install like the first one, and when I try to recover, I get the little Android and the ! sign. Can anyone please help me? :confused:

mitchell.23

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
I need some help. Im a first time poster, long time follower and im trying to install the new 2.1 leak. It wont install like the first one, and when I try to recover, I get the little Android and the ! sign. Can anyone please help me? :confused:

You should follow the steps just like the first leak... what have you done so far?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nighthawkRMX