hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm having an issue since I rooted. Every time I start adb shell I get the device not found error whats the problem?

nevermind i had to manually install it

Last edited:

Terry4505

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
So far so good on the "new" leak. I had the old one on and was thrilled at first, until all the bugs started setting in.

The most frustrating for me was the "phone" no voice thing. I was restarting my phone 2 or 3 times a day, and it always seemed like it was at the worst time.

my only question is should I have restored my apps from backup, or downloaded all new from the Market.

the HTC Get More Widgets worked this morning btw. As I was writing this I was able to download new widgets.

ronopolis

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Didn't realize you could change thread titles. And ronopolis, it wouldn't be that hard to figure out if you actually read the thread, now would it?
I realize once you read the thread you'd see it isn't an about a 2.1 OTA update. That's the whole point. I'd never bother to read the thread if it had been properly titled. How many people saw "2.1 OTA!" and jumped in to read about this exciting news, only to find out the OP was... mistaken.

Why make such a smart-ass comment when I'm just trying to help others? Hey! Let's put misleading retarded titles on all the threads! It doesn't matter, since once you read the thread you'll realize the title was wrong. There, is that better?

roeod4

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
So far so good on the "new" leak. I had the old one on and was thrilled at first, until all the bugs started setting in.

The most frustrating for me was the "phone" no voice thing. I was restarting my phone 2 or 3 times a day, and it always seemed like it was at the worst time.

my only question is should I have restored my apps from backup, or downloaded all new from the Market.

the HTC Get More Widgets worked this morning btw. As I was writing this I was able to download new widgets.

If you restore apps from a backup they will typically not get updates in the market. It is best to restore them from the market and save the backups for anything that doesn't appear after loading the new leak.

With the new HTC widgets, I would advice against using the battery widget. Myself as well as others have noticed a decent amount of battery drain caused by that widget. I was losing a good 15% to 20% everyday from that thing.

Terry4505

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I reinstalled this am and didnt use backup for my apps. I had a battery status app that I was using before that showed what on my phone was using, I cannot find it now.

Has anyone else had their phones just randomly start playing music. Songs that are not currently playing on either Music or Pandora?

gardobus

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a question for those of you who installed 2.1:

With the new version of the OS, are you able to receive/send EMS messages? I'm mainly referring to messages greater than 160.

I have a Droid and I can send >160 messages to my brother, friend, dad, etc who all have Droids but when I send them to my wife's Eris, she gets them in two parts and sometimes it takes forever to send both parts. I can even send >160 msgs to dumbphones and they receive them just fine. I can only imagine this is a 1.5 issue since the Droid does it fine?

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I have a question for those of you who installed 2.1:

With the new version of the OS, are you able to receive/send EMS messages? I'm mainly referring to messages greater than 160.

I have a Droid and I can send >160 messages to my brother, friend, dad, etc who all have Droids but when I send them to my wife's Eris, she gets them in two parts and sometimes it takes forever to send both parts. I can even send >160 msgs to dumbphones and they receive them just fine. I can only imagine this is a 1.5 issue since the Droid does it fine?

you mean MMS? Yes I've received them on my phone

rw6497

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site

I haven't been able to download new htc Widgets. which new ones have you downloaded? been trying myself and I get the unable to dowload at this time message. ..

gardobus

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
you mean MMS? Yes I've received them on my phone

Not MMS. I can send my wife pictures and videos just fine, but if I send her an SMS that is longer than 160, she gets it as multiple parts and sometimes doesn't even get all the parts. But if I send the same message to my friends Droid, it goes through just fine.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Not MMS. I can send my wife pictures and videos just fine, but if I send her an SMS that is longer than 160, she gets it as multiple parts and sometimes doesn't even get all the parts. But if I send the same message to my friends Droid, it goes through just fine.
I guess the question to ask is, is she on VZW an if so what phone does she have? My old dare would send long messages to my GF's old lg slider phone. My buddy's phone on sprint would only recieve the first 160, an another buddy's on tmobile would get multiple pages

Mindi51982

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
put it on the root of your SD Card. unplug your phone from the computer and turn it off. The while holding down on the volume button hold the power button. Then click the trackball when hboot comes up... then it'll ask one or two more times for you to click yes all you have to do is hit the trackball and then your done.

I'm sick of waiting, too, so I'm going to go through with the upgrade. I dropped the file on the root of the SD card. Doesn't the battery have to be at least 40% for the update to install? Or is that only the OTA update??? (My battery is in the orange level :( )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkBubbleHead