2.2 + Handcent = @@@@@ signs?

Fairbanks

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Any one else have friends complain that at the end of a text msg while using Handcent has "@@@@@@@@@@@@" at the end of them?

any ideas?

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Its happened to me since the day I got handcent.....way back in november.....I still don't know why it happens.... I just don't use handcent anymore.

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Mine is doing this too, but I'm using the stock messaging app on the Community ROM. No matter what Froyo build I use, it does this.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Jgonzo1299

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Same problem with stock mms

I have the new comm rom. I have the same issue with the @@@@ symbols except its with the stock messaging app that gets included with the rom (ASOP MMS.apk). naturally theres no "simple split" option like there is in handcent. Does anyone know a quick fix or a temporary work around. I personally like this new mms app and i dont really want to change it unless there is no quick fix.

thanks in advance!

causey

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have the new comm rom. I have the same issue with the @@@@ symbols except its with the stock messaging app that gets included with the rom (ASOP MMS.apk). naturally theres no "simple split" option like there is in handcent. Does anyone know a quick fix or a temporary work around. I personally like this new mms app and i dont really want to change it unless there is no quick fix.

thanks in advance!

im on the comm rom, but i havent played with the default MMS app yet...ill look at it and see what i can find

EDIT: just went through some settings, and nothing sticks out as something that might cause that issue....ill look again tomorrow, see if i missed anything.

Last edited:

Proletariat

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue but with Go Messaging. used the stock service and that issue went away. Now using handcent with no apparent problems (that anyone had said anything about anyhow.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I changed the send setting in handcent to split at word and my daughter reports that she no longer gets the @@@@ signs in long messages.

Man just heard i was doing this on handcent, scrambled to find this thread because it was never happening to me before, I have been testing com rom 1.3 and boom it started happening. this fixed it, thanks man!!!!!!