32gb storage

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It might help to wipe the cache partition, which is a system cache of temporary data. Wiping it doesn't erase any important data, but might correct a glitch like this. Steps are:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up key, Home key, Power key.
3. When the phone vibrates, release the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
4. When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
5. Press Volume Down until Wipe Cache Partition is highlighted, then press Power.
6. When the wipe is done, select Reboot System Now.

homeboy#IM

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
When I hit clear cache partition ill get and error.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that is weird, I have never seen either situation. Time to visit the store.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, that is weird, I have never seen either situation. Time to visit the store.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Too bad the error message couldn't be more specific! I agree, it's time to talk to the store or to Samsung support.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If you phone is stock and no root or custom recovery has been done to it then I am sure Samsung is going to be very interested in the bug your phone is exhibiting. Should be interesting.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Let me jump in and put my two cents worth cause there are 2 threads going on right now besides this one and there are a lot of guys including me with the same error while trying to clear the partition cache. So I just don't know if the solution is a trip to the store. I am wondering if it has something to do with the latest version of the operating system.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Let me jump in and put my two cents worth cause there are 2 threads going on right now besides this one and there are a lot of guys including me with the same error while trying to clear the partition cache. So I just don't know if the solution is a trip to the store. I am wondering if it has something to do with the latest version of the operating system.

Does everyone on those 2 threads have an S4, or are they varying devices? And does everyone have the same OS version? I certainly haven't had any problems clearing the cache in my devices that have 4.1.2 and 4.3.

homeboy#IM

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Does everyone on those 2 threads have an S4, or are they varying devices? And does everyone have the same OS version? I certainly haven't had any problems clearing the cache in my devices that have 4.1.2 and 4.3.

I owned 2 galaxy s4. The only one with the problem is mine. My wife's doesnt show any erros while trying to clean cache partition.

Posted via Android Central App

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
To be honest I can't be 100% about everyone using the S4, I can only assume since the 2 threads are here in the samsung S4 section.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I posted in the other one as well. Mine shows the exact error message. I'm with US cellular and on 4.2.2.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using AC Forums mobile app