3G speed is all over the place

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I live in a very good area and always have great signal. Never had speed issues with my Fascinate but now with the X2 lately the last couple weeks my 3G signal is all over the place. I'm on my 2nd X2 because the first one felt like it was on fire when using data. Well this one did it too. The 3G radio gets really hot when using data. Except for the last few days it doesn't do it anymore, doesn't get hot at all which is good except my data speeds are terrible the majority of the time. Now its not always bad, but 90% of the time or better its less than 0.5 mbps with 3-4 bars. When its working correctly I get 1.2-1.8 mbps in the same places like at home where I'm getting 0.5 mbps or less most of the time. Wondering if the 3G radio could have burnt itself out or is it a software issue?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I was just looking at my Speed Test results, and, I have some crappy results from the past that are like 0.5 mbps but most were 1.5 - 2.0 mbps. Just reran and got the same high results.

When you test your data, are you testing it at the same time? Is it consistently terrible in just one place or is it terrible wherever you are? Do you know anyone else near you with a 3G phone that could run tests simultaneously and compare results? Just curious if it's your phone, or, if it could just be the network, or, the time you are testing, ya know?

Also, my X2 gets pretty hot when I use it heavily outside and it's hot out. Doesn't matter if I'm gaming or browsing. I figured it was just because it's like 80 or 90 out and I'm using a computer that is almost completely encased and I would assume has no fans in it. But, maybe it's related to some issue you are having. I don't think I've ever noticed it being hot when I was inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts