3rd party Music Player with Froyo?

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so after seeing some complaints about the music player stopping/freezing with Froyo, i decided to test it this morning and mine did stop playing music. A couple of times it just paused, and another time it played 6 songs then the music player closed.

So before i contemplate reverting back to 2.1, does anyone know if any Froyo custom roms solve this problem and/or does a 3rd party music player work correctly with this Froyo build?

Thanks

ShaLea

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried MixZing? I haven't tried it w/Froyo yet.

I just bounced around w/a few songs & it seems to play great. I noticed that w/the stock music player, the settings were screwed up. I thought it was my EQ settings, but no luck. MixZing is good - bass & sound quality are very good.

Also, it downloaded/viewed more of my album artwork than stock. This is what I'm workin with for now!!!

Last edited:

excalis

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I would give Mortplayer a try, very nice player and allows you to tell it where to look for music (same with Power Amp). I hate my player adding ringtones, etc and it is free to use.

txtmikhail

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
the problem is u need to reinstall 2.2 and wiped cache at least 3x during install.. i had this problem with 2.1 and once going to 2.2 with a cleared cached they all work now..

drewjohn

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I use doubletwist. but was wondering if any music player had the option to leave the screen on? I wear an arm band in the gym and i don't want to unlock the phone to skip a song. just want the screen to be there waiting for me.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I use doubletwist. but was wondering if any music player had the option to leave the screen on? I wear an arm band in the gym and i don't want to unlock the phone to skip a song. just want the screen to be there waiting for me.

Winamp has a screen lock feature. The screen goes black but when you touch it you are right into winamp, no unlock needed to do the basic controls.

drewjohn

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Winamp has a screen lock feature. The screen goes black but when you touch it you are right into winamp, no unlock needed to do the basic controls.

Oh thanks, I guess doubletwist has this feature. i never noticed what it was for. i just tested both of them and you still have to wake up the phone with the volume or power buttons but it's still better than unlocking it. honestly i don't need a screen lock ever. i wish i could wake the phone at all times with the power button.

the reason i used doubletwist is becuase it will import your itunes playlist when you download the pc version too.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Winamp also can sync with your pc. Doubletwist is a really great app too. I also like Audiogalaxy which plays your music without needing the files on your memory card (drawback is the need to keep your pc on).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiggerBoat1919