4.2.2 Update

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I did the OTA update and lost root. I have Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper, but I have no option to get root access back. Plus with the issues that developed with my USB port several weeks ago, PCs do not recognize my Nexus 7 anymore. And on top, I lost the Teamwin Recovery console. Now when I go to recovery, I get the Android "opened up" with a red exclamation.
It still boots up and runs however so that is good. Any way to get root back without connecting to a PC?

did you protect the root using voodoo OTA rootkeeper before updating the OS? if you have all you have to do is open rootkeeper again and click restore root.

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I did the update via OTA yesterday, but now cannot get any app updates to go through. I've got two updates (Facebook and Flixster) waiting to update, and they were successful on my phone, but not on the N7. Tried restarting the tablet, but nothing has seemed to fix it.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have Swype Beta on both N7s, one of which received an update from Swype. The one that didn't received the 4.2.2 update, which broke Swype.

Anyone have the latest versions of both?

Last edited:

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I did the update via OTA yesterday, but now cannot get any app updates to go through. I've got two updates (Facebook and Flixster) waiting to update, and they were successful on my phone, but not on the N7. Tried restarting the tablet, but nothing has seemed to fix it.

it sounds like you used the clear Google services framework method. go to Settings--accounts and sign out of your gmail account. Sign back in afterwards. all should be fixed.

jpd5150

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/14/7a2y8ydy.jpgSomething weird after update: My notification shade fills with download icons - literally running across the width of the screen - for files that seem to be coming from a Picasa album. I cleared a cache and rebooted to no avail. Clicking one of the "completed" downloads brings up the gallery with no image.

How can I make it stop?

TJH

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Any luck with this? I too have the problem but for me it's all mp3's showing up with the download icons. It seems to happen anytime I recieve a new notification or any other type "notification" that arrives.

SonDan

Jan 27, 2011
oldschoolmusiclover.com
So will we always have to manually update our Nexii devices? I left Samsung for Nexus because Sam never updated my tablets and players. I was hoping with both my new Nexus 4 and 7, I would just go to system update ... But as of today it says I am up to date with 4.1!

Thanks for reading.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
So will we always have to manually update our Nexii devices? I left Samsung for Nexus because Sam never updated my tablets and players. I was hoping with both my new Nexus 4 and 7, I would just go to system update ... But as of today it says I am up to date with 4.1!

Thanks for reading.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The update gets autopushed based on some formula so that the download servers are not overloaded. If you wait a while yours will automatically get updated, or at least you will be given the option to update. It can take a week or two for all devices to be updated.

drifter77

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Just received 4.2.2 update on my Nexus 7 16gb wifi. It installed and ran through the apps updates and rebooted. During boot, popup msg. appeared stating 'Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped.' Report or OK are the two responses. Neither of these two responses results in anything other then a loop back to the same error message. Can anyone please point me to a recovery method back to 4.2.1. Thanks.

Try going to Settings > Apps > scroll right twice to show All apps > scroll down to the very end of the page and see if there's a disabled service or two, and re-enable those services and reboot. Or as suggested by others you can add /remove your Google account, but the first method worked well for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Just received 4.2.2 update on my Nexus 7 16gb wifi. It installed and ran through the apps updates and rebooted. During boot, popup msg. appeared stating 'Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped.' Report or OK are the two responses. Neither of these two responses results in anything other then a loop back to the same error message. Can anyone please point me to a recovery method back to 4.2.1. Thanks.

Try going to Settings > Apps > scroll right twice to show All apps > scroll down to the very end of the page and see if there's a disabled service or two, and re-enable those services and reboot. Or as suggested by others you can add /remove your Google account, but the first method worked well for me.

Tervz

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Got a notice this evening the update was available. Followed the easy install directions. It took a few minutes and all seems fine. Stock 16G, C70, got it Aug. 21, 2112, and have had few problems, no major ones. I'm in central Indiana, USA.
Seems a little smoother. It did say it downloaded all my pictures again and I had to clear those notices from the pull down notification bar. A little annoying.
As usual, all seems fine with my N7. Love it!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Got my update today 4pm central time. Man I thought this device was decently fast before but now it's twice as snappy! Before update offline charging wouldn't work and to power on required holding in the power button for 13 seconds / reboot would shut off but not boot. Now all that shnazz works. :) thanks big G. Being on the leading edge of any platform is bound to see bugs. Thanks for addressing them.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

butt_ugly

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Got it for my Nexus7 wifi/32 around 3pm today, swiping is definitely better but now but the Location Setting is goofed, only GPS stays selected.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred