4% battery discharge in 30im

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
As the title says, and the only thing eating the battery is Android OS. Haven't even turn on the screen. Regular use SOT 2.5 hours and I get, at most 9 hour on a charge. Really don't want to get the S7 but I don't see how I can get a decent battery life out of this.
Any suggestions that do not include installing a battery monitoring app or full reset as I've done that about a month ago?
Thanks,

Signal is full bars, t-mobile in Jersey City, NJ.

Posted via the Android Central App

sharpycl

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
It's been a problem for me since I initially bought the phone. My understanding is Marshmellow fixes this but in the meantime if you don't mind installing a battery case that helped me out a lot when I am away from my charger all day.

I love my s6 which is why I won't go to the s7 right now. When we get Marshmellow I'm hoping it makes the s6 battery so much more bearable.

Andy Bell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I think the reality of it is no matter what operating system you're on you'll never see an increase in battery life.

I have owned smartphones since they first appeared on the market and battery life has never increased for me with the release of a new OS.

The S6 is my latest smartphone and has the worst battery life. I have a charger in 2 rooms at home, one on my desk at work and always carry a power bank just in case................it's that bad. I've just learnt to live with it now.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I carry a charger with me all the time and if I'm driving, always put it on the wireless charger in my car. I feel I have an iPhone :(

Posted via the Android Central App

Vidfreek

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPhone now and its way better with battery, my wife has the S6 and I've been going nuts trying to figure out whats wrong with this thing. I was an Android guy for years but her phone just isnt cooperating at all, I factory reset it and it was fine for a few weeks and now it just started draining battery like crazy, today she took it off the charger at 5:30 and at 12:30 with hardly any use outside of some texting, shes down to 30%, last time it was doing this (before I reset it) nothing would show as being a battery hog, nothing in the app usage, nothing out of the ordinary at all, battery app didnt help either, has to either be the battery (which doesnt make sense because its been fine for weeks after a reset) or Samsung and their OS Touchwiz stuff or their apps. I've been very happy with my iPhone, my wife likes the phone but its been the worst battery and issues I've ever had with an Android phone, really wish she would have gone the way I did this time around

Devin Fieguth

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
The s6 just has too small of a battery from normal to heavy use. It does great on idle, but for me if I start using heavily I may get 9 hours. I keep hearing though that the s7 edge has a batttery designed for 16 hours of moderate to heavy use

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Although not an excuse for short battery life, I blame the advent of the fixed internal battery.

When the battery can be easily swapped out, the shorter battery lifespan can be offset by swapping with a spare battery. This option is mostly off the table now.

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
As the title says, and the only thing eating the battery is Android OS. Haven't even turn on the screen.

What services do you have enabled? How many apps do you use that sync? A clearer description of your usage and configuration would help others in providing input or suggestions.

I've seen more than 4% consumption in the same time span with just GPS location enabled, depending on signal strength. (And that's not an indictment of the battery, but a consequence of conditions.)

Signal is full bars

"Bars" aren't an accurate measure of signal strength, and can be deceiving. To get a clear idea of your signal strength, navigate to "About device" in your system settings, and locate where the actual values are displayed in dBm and ASU.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii