[6.25.11][ROM] Bamf GingerBolt Sense 3.0 STRIPPED!

What do you want most from this ROM?

• Total voters

Nirvana328

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: [6.22.11][ROM] Bamf GingerBolt Sense 3.0 STRIPPED!

Yeah not at the moment although you aren't the first person to ask. I will probably compile a list of what i took out and what i kept in. Basically I kept Sense 3.0's messages, calender, clock, browser, calculator lol, modded lockscreen, People app, camera, camcorder, Mirror (though i think i might take that off soon), and I kept task manager.

This plus screen shots would be really helpful. The op is very confusing if you don't know what the DAS BAMF ROM contains. A short explanation or link to the BAMF thread would be nice:

[ROM][4.19.2011] Das BAMF 1.5 - xda-developers

For example does this ROM have some Sense or no Sense? If some, which parts were removed?

Personally it should either be called BAMF GingerBolt Sense 3.0 Distilled/DeBloated/DeThemed/Remixed or whatever you did in this version. Stripped sounds like you removed Sense entirely. Just make it a little more clear.

Otherwise this looks really cool so far, good job. Hope my post wasn't too offensive, thanks.

TMZ_Andrew

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Well first i do give you a link to a bamf rom in the OP. second Stripped just means i left what i considered the best parts of Sense. It is by code considered Senseless, but that only means it has most of sense removed.

the reason it is called stripped is because thats how all desensed roms are called by bamf and i am continuing the line. The screen shots are just to let you get a feel for what to expect. not give you a full tour of the ROM itself.. Feel free to post more of them if you wish for the users to see but I dont think ill add any more.

And no i didnt find your post offensive, you were simply speaking your mind and im always open to that.

-Cheers

Tinowen

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I just instaled Gingerbolt Sense 3.0 Stripped and my Thunderbolt isn't recognizing Verizon Wireless signal at all. Tips? Fixes? Help?

Rachel

Flavy

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
How is the battery life? My Phone is rooted, but running stock ROM and MR1 radio. So battery life is pretty bad when the phone is not rebooting? Is this a full ROM with radio, or do I have to flash the MR2 or MR2.5 radio seperatly? Thanks.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently running das BAMF 1.7. Do I need a gingerbread radio for 3.0 stripped to work? I flashed the other sense 3.0 ROM and i couldn't get a cellular network.

TMZ_Andrew

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I haven't been around in awhile. Been busy and am suppose to get an email every post but I didn't.

Thanks to those who answered peoples questions, I appreciate it

TMZ_Andrew

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Btw I also am planning on implementing a lot more of AOSP. I know Browser will have to stay the same but i am not sure about calender stuff like that so ill try.

Plus i am trying to get us a custom launcher that is as small as ADW but with more features.

Ill keep you updated

Reactions: ssethv

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
i really wish you guys would speak english so us newbies can understand. my some miracle i was able to root my phone and install basf but not the gb one. where do i go to install the gb one and the radio for it?

TMZ_Andrew

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
i really wish you guys would speak english so us newbies can understand. my some miracle i was able to root my phone and install basf but not the gb one. where do i go to install the gb one and the radio for it?
Ok.. I know i saw a comprohensive "Updated from Froyo to GB: For Dummies" forum around somewhere (no offense, it can be a difficult thing to explain), but i can't find it so ill guide you.

First, DOWNLOAD THIS.

Rename it PG05IMG and place it in the root of your SD Card in your Thunderbolt. By root I mean on your SD card but not in any folders. Just on your SD Card.

Download my ROM (or any GB ROM) and Move that as well to the root of your SD Card.

Boot into Recovery (using ROM Manager is easiest). Go to install from SD Card (third option down if im not mistaken), then select Choose File from SD Card, and scroll through to find the GB ROM and install that.

After that is done installing, remove your battery. Put the battery back in and HOLD VOLUME DOWN THEN THE POWER BUTTON until you see three androids dancing on skateboards. You are now in the Bootloader screen.

Now it should go and find the PG05IMG file that you downloaded and placed on SD Card earlier.

It will ask you if you want to install, I believe it wants you to press volume up if you want it to install but dont quote me on that, it will say in the options.

After its done installing it will say Press Power to Reboot.

Do that and you are up and Running!

Reactions: ssethv

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
ok thanks man. question. is the pg file the radio? so i download that first? then the gb? where can i find the gb rom? at the beginning of this post? is it the basf10 rom?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I just installed this and it rules. How do i customize the lock screen. currently there are no apps on the lockscreen.
Long press the screen and select personallize. then lockscreen, then settings (i think) then you can tap the app you want to change :) then hit apply

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal