A problem with a new bluetooth keyboard

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I don't know who made this bluetooth keyboard other then it is made in China. The FCC ID is: SJ6BKB018. At 1st it worked just fine. This last weekend Nov-9 to the 11th I took my ZTE tablet, the bluetooth keyboard and bluetooth mouse with me to Orycon 40 convention. In the past the keyboard and mouse worked fine together. This time the keys on the keyboard were hard to work or they didn't work at all. The keyboard connects just fine to the tablet. The mouse still works fine.

Steve

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Cheap no-name Bluetooth keyboards are notorious for poor quality. Even ones from relatively better known brands aren't very good -- I had a Targus one that would fall asleep if I didn't type on it for about 5 seconds, and then when I did start typing again, it would take a couple of seconds to wake up, leading to delayed and stuttered typing onscreen. But a Logitech keyboard worked perfectly.

What do you mean the keys on the keyboard were hard to work? Do you mean that you'd press some keys and nothing would appear on the screen, or they'd be delayed?

2.4 GHz wi-fi can potentially interfere with Bluetooth, since they use the same general bandwidth. The next time this happens, see what happens if you temporarily turn off wi-fi -- does the keyboard work normally then?

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I had my tablet, the bluetooth keyboard and bluetooth mouse with me at a Star Trek convection last weekend. Up to that point the bluetooth keyboard and mouse worked just fine. The mouse still works good. When I tried to get online on an IRC server in my hotel room some of the keys wouldn't work when I pressed on them, I had to press on them hard to make them respond and the response time was slow also. I checked the batterys they still had plenty of life in them and the connection to the tablet was good. I had to turn off the bluetooth keyboard and use the on screen keyboard. The bluetooth keyboard is still doing the same thing at home. I have a Logitech combo wireless keyboard and mouse on my laptop, that doesn't effect the bluetooth keyboard at all.

What do you mean the keys on the keyboard were hard to work? Do you mean that you'd press some keys and nothing would appear on the screen, or they'd be delayed?

2.4 GHz wi-fi can potentially interfere with Bluetooth, since they use the same general bandwidth. The next time this happens, see what happens if you temporarily turn off wi-fi -- does the keyboard work normally then?

mthomp8984

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
...some of the keys wouldn't work when I pressed on them, I had to press on them hard to make them respond and the response time was slow also.

I’m having problems understanding - it sounds like you’re saying it is an electro-mechanical issue, not a BT or Android issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick