A thought about Touch Wiz

rm2092

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
First I'll start by saying that I have had the iPad and just sold that and I also have the Playbook witch I think the multitasking is the best out all three formats. I have been thinking of buying the 10.1 tab because of the size and today I had the chance to play with one at my local Best Buy that had the Touch Wiz installed. Anyways I was playing with the floating widgets and I have noticed there is a X on each corner to close the app, why did Android not incorporate that into all there apps so we would not have the need for a Task Manager to close apps, its similar to what Blackberry did with the Playbook. Anyways just my thoughts...

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I think one big part of the answer is that you don't typically need to use a task manager. The OS manages what is running quite nicely. There have been a couple occasions that I've had to kill something that I suspected was acting up. But in general the approach is that the app should continue to run until it cannot. I've seen some people on here that don't seem to accept that stance and insist they need a task manager but I think for the most part it's accepted that newer versions of android don't need them and in fact can adversely impact the battery life. In my experience with my Incredible (which I've had since the first day it was available) and my Tab 10.1 (which I've also had since the first general availability date) this is true.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Android has a great built in task manager that kills apps as they are no longer used. If there are problems with apps killing battery then its likely due to a bad app or an app that is quite active, such as being set to a frequent search interval.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reroseroy