Abandoning the Incredible to Wait for Droid X

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking I'm going to stick with Dinc... I like how Sense looks way more than the X's interface. Reviews saying X can be sluggish at times, and I just don't feel well about buying Motorola. Bad experiences in past.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am just annoyed that two commercials come out a few weeks after INC's Launch and already X commercials are appearing...Moto must be paying big $$$$ to save their butts.

Sense is easy to disable on the EVO, just not the incredible no?

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Changing the home screen on the Evo isn't really disabling Sense - just changing the launcher. To truly disable Sense, you'd have to change the dialer, calendar, photos, contacts, etc.

MichiganFan

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to the Android platform and considering trading in my Incredible for a Droid X before my 30 days is up in two days. I like the interface, and wasn't sure how much was custom HTC Sense and how much is part of the OS. I know that some of the widgets are HTC, like the clock/weather, FriendStream, Peep, etc, but what about some of the other things that I like:
1) Contact List - I like how it integrates with my Facebook and Gmail contacts, allowing me to link then into one contact. HTC or not?
2) Keyboard - The text prediction works well for me. I installed the Swype beta, and I don't like how the prediction functions. How does the standard Droid X keyboard, specifically prediction compare with the INC's keyboard (I fat-finger alot)?
3) Mail (non-Gmail) - I had to jump through hoops to sync my free Yahoo and Ymail accounts, and still can't run them with wireless on. Is this an HTC problem?

I also know that the Droid X is lacking a trackpad. I use it from time to time. Does the Droid X have an equivalent that I'm missing?

I would hate to take my phone back and realize that everything I liked was custom HTC...

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Too bad it has Blur. And it's Motorola.

I like that its built by Motorola cause its built like a brick sh!t house tank. Also, the UI on the X isnt Blur. It has somethings tied into it but its not blur.

While I do like the Incredible, it just feels to flimsy and weak to be a 575 dollar device that I paid for it(Had to pay retail). I intend on selling mine and getting the X. THATS a real device.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Changing the home screen on the Evo isn't really disabling Sense - just changing the launcher. To truly disable Sense, you'd have to change the dialer, calendar, photos, contacts, etc.

On the new Sense UI phones running 2.1+ the only way to 'disable' sense is to flash a different ROM without Sense in it. Glad I'm rooted!

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm torn now. I'm on my 3 Incredible.... Ordered at launch, trackpad was bad (6/17), was sent a replacement (7/7), replacement had pink screen so sent back, still no word when I get my final replacement phone.

I'm just getting tired of waiting. I'm curious, does anyone know the 1 year pricing on the Droid X?

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm torn now. I'm on my 3 Incredible.... Ordered at launch, trackpad was bad (6/17), was sent a replacement (7/7), replacement had pink screen so sent back, still no word when I get my final replacement phone.

I'm just getting tired of waiting. I'm curious, does anyone know the 1 year pricing on the Droid X?

Why didn't you justkeep the phone until a replacement was available? Anyway... on pricing: Probably same as Incredible.

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Why didn't you justkeep the phone until a replacement was available? Anyway... on pricing: Probably same as Incredible.

I do have my original phone, the one with the bad trackpad. I am waiting for the second replacement to get here to send my original one back.

I'm just pondering switching to the Droid X since its going to be close to when I receive my Incredible and i have 30 days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow