Absent a recall, would you have returned your Note 7 due to the reported issues?

7AndTRT

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Some of the reports as reported by the media; not some of the reports confirmed by Samsung and the CPSC joint investigation. Surely Samsung can tell the difference between their own devices?

Do you actually believe there is a concerted effort by the media at large to sabotage any particular device because of a bias towards another device?

Why sure, that's totally logical.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm still using mine. My carrier just told me today there has been no deadline announced for return, yet. I will be riding this out as long as possible. Maybe I can make it until the S8 comes out. I don't fly and always have my phone on my person. Worst case it burns my leg, and that will be my fault, and I'm ok with that risk for now. Everyone's situation is different.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
In regard to 'there is nothing wrong with this phone', I'm not inclined to agree. Samsung would not have issued a worldwide recall if the device was safe.

Actually, if this was actually real, then here's the deal. Phones explode/catch fire, consider these then damaged devices evidence. They get sent in to be examined by expert analysts in the field. This alone would explain what was the problem with these supposed faulty products IF this was actually the case.
The fact that the supposed owners of these supposed exploded Note 7's refused to turn their devices in speaks volumes!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Actually, if this was actually real, then here's the deal. Phones explode/catch fire, consider these then damaged devices evidence. They get sent in to be examined by expert analysts in the field. This alone would explain what was the problem with these supposed faulty products IF this was actually the case.
The fact that the supposed owners of these supposed exploded Note 7's refused to turn their devices in speaks volumes!
Well, in cases with pending litigation, they are advised by counsel not to surrender anything until analyzed independently and when required to in discovery.

dvarapala

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Samsung would not have issued a worldwide recall if the device was safe.

I'm not inclined to agree. Samsung may have done it for political reasons. Remember when Toyota recalled a few million cars because of "unintended acceleration?" As it turns out there was never a problem with the cars - they problem was user error (namely people pressing the gas pedal instead of the brake pedal).

It's All Your Fault: The DOT Renders Its Verdict on Toyota's Unintended-Acceleration Scare – Feature – Car and Driver

The fact that Samsung engineers are unable to reproduce this problem may be because there really isn't a problem, and that the few fires that did occur were caused by abuse or damage. The disastrous double-recall may simply be a colossal knee-jerk over-reaction.

So no, if I had not been forced to do so, I would have kept my Note 7 at least until there was compelling evidence of an actual flaw in the design or manufacturing of the phone.

mikeshauling

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I think im gonna return my note 7 and the s7edge that i got from my other note 7 i turned in after the first recall.
I might just rock my old Iphone4S thats still on IOS 5.01 and jailbroken ! LOL I seriously am thinking about it, until i decide what phone i want.

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
If there was no recall and just some reports of fires, yes, I'd keep it.

Between my son and I, we've had 5 Note 7's. Not one issue. I know twelve people who had the original Note 7 and its recall replacements. So 24 phones between them. No issues. I haven't heard of one issue in the city I live in, the surrounding cities or counties. It would of made the local news if there had been any. I also haven't read about any users on this forum and any other forums I belong to having their Note 7's catch fire.

That being said, I no longer use my Note 7. I went back to my LG G4. I've had five LG G4's since its launch. Two if which have caught fire. A friend of mine had his G4 catch fire as well. No recall on the G4. No airline bans on the G4. No media coverage on the G4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe